converting to BBB

bishop

Sep 12, 2008
I started converting from baquacil to BBB last Satuday. I think it is going pretty good, just slow because I have to work and really cannot check FC and add bleach as much as I need to. I have added 20 gallons of bleach so far and my test kit arrived yesterday.
My filter is clogging up pretty quick and I think I need to vaccum more often. I am using a pool rover junior which works pretty good but I have seen posts that refer to vacuuming to waste. I am unsure how to do that. I am guessing that I would use the vacuum/hose that came with my pool and I would go through my filter but how do I vacuum to waste and not back into my pool ? I have a cartridge filter. Thanks

What you can do is get a 3 way valve, put it between your pump and your filter (in place of the pipe or hose that's presently there) and set it so that the water goes through your pump but out before getting to your filter. I've been thinking about doing that so if the pool gets "yucky" I don't have that stuff going into my cartridge. In my owner's manual for my Hayward filter, it actually says that's something you can do for things like heavy duty spring clean up, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.