Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What should I do first? Everything needs to be raised.

1. Back To Top    #1

What should I do first? Everything needs to be raised.

Hi Guys,
    We have been having crazy weather here in Louisiana so my readings are going crazy as well. Tested my pool after LOTS AND LOTS of rain and all my levels need to be raised. My questions is which do I do first?

FC=1
    PH=7.2
    TA=50
    CH=160
    CYA=50
    SALT-3670

I've entered all my readings in pool calculator and know that I can add calcium chloride and it will raise my CH, Bleach will raise my FC, and baking soda will raise my TA and PH. I just don't know which one I should do first or if it matters.

Thanks for listening
    14K, IG Fiberglass, Hayward Pro Series model: S244T, Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump, Jandy SWG
    Installed 12/2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What should I do first? Everything needs to be raised.

The only thing you really need to raise is the FC as it is now too low.
    There is no real reason to raise the CH for a FG pool, so that is not critical.

I would do the FC and then the TA (only up to 70-80ppm) and call it a day
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Great! Thanks for the quick response jblizzle. I will get on that right away as the weekend is near.
    14K, IG Fiberglass, Hayward Pro Series model: S244T, Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump, Jandy SWG
    Installed 12/2012

4. Back To Top    #4

One more, need to raise CYA to 70-80 since you have SWG. Put it in a sock and hang in front of a return or throw it in the skimmer basket. Give it a squeeze a few times a day to help it dissolve faster. Don't add more or retest CYA for a week.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach