Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool pump enclosure

1. Back To Top    #1

cape girardeau, missouri

pool pump enclosure

We need to replace the old wooden pump enclosure. Looking for ideas for a maintenance free enclosure with hopefully some sound proofing qualities to cut the pump noise. Approx measurement would be : 7' long x 3' deep x 4' high. The existing structure is right up against the house so I need to keep the same footprint if possible. Also, we have a height issue with telephone boxes, electrical box so it can't be higher. Thanks for any thoughts, ideas. We can build or buy one that's prefab -
    We have a 35 year old (I think) inground pool with a liner. We bought the house 4 years ago and use few chemicals, namely we shock it now and again and keep chlorine tablets in the chlorinater. Otherwise, I use Arm & Hammer soda wash and baking soda to control the PH. The pool holds around 19,000 gallons of water and is crystal clear most of the time!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mandeville, Louisiana

Re: pool pump enclosure

Google "pool pump cover" and then click the Images link at the top to see a bunch of home built units. You could also purchase something like this

but they are kind of pricey. Good luck!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!