upgrading filter pump

I have a 14x42 summer escape pool that probably holds 3750 gallons. I want to upgrade the filter pump to something stronger, last summer we used the pump that came with the pool and I dont think it did a good job. I was thinking of a sand filter, I would like suggestions on which ones are good and hoping to find some videos of the conversion.

my next one will probably be 15x48 cant go much bigger than 15 because of the space. Is yours Saltwater? and if so does it have to be?

Yes, I have a SWG, but it does not have to be. We will probably get a new one next year. It will likely have to still be a 15 round again unless I map out a place in the yard that I have a good view. My daughter is a good swimmer, but I still worry if my grandson is over. Right now we have it right off our back patio.

Yes, I have a SWG, but it does not have to be. We will probably get a new one next year. It will likely have to still be a 15 round again unless I map out a place in the yard that I have a good view. My daughter is a good swimmer, but I still worry if my grandson is over. Right now we have it right off our back patio.

did the pump come with your pool or did you convert it? Also did u have to cut the liner? im trying to find videos where i dont need to cut the liner

I converted to it. It comes with adapters. Last year I just used the adapters. Then I decided to upgrade the inlet and outlet plugs this year when we upgraded to the sand filter. I will be back with a link for you.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the link that helped me.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/64388-Cutting-Larger-Intake-amp-Return-holes-in-your-Intex

I converted to it. It comes with adapters. Last year I just used the adapters. Then I decided to upgrade the inlet and outlet plugs this year when we upgraded to the sand filter. I will be back with a link for you.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the link that helped me.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/64388-Cutting-Larger-Intake-amp-Return-holes-in-your-Intex

that was very helpful. I have decided to go with the Intex 2800 Gal Sand Filter Pump if i get a bigger pool this should still be efficient

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.