Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: upgrading filter pump

1. Back To Top    #1

upgrading filter pump

I have a 14x42 summer escape pool that probably holds 3750 gallons. I want to upgrade the filter pump to something stronger, last summer we used the pump that came with the pool and I dont think it did a good job. I was thinking of a sand filter, I would like suggestions on which ones are good and hoping to find some videos of the conversion.
    summer scape metal frame AG pool 14x42, 3750 gallons
    INTEX Krystal Clear 2800 GPH sand filter pump
    TF-100 Test Kit Pool Calculator , cya-chart
    Pool school,recommended-levels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: upgrading filter pump

Intex has a new 3000gph sand filter. I've seen it for around $180.
    1) 7500 Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool / 800 Gallon Gunite Spa
    2) EasyTouch 8 Automation / IC20 Intellichlor
    3) Intelliflo VS Pump for pool and water features - Cartridge and DE Filter / 2 Speed Pentair Pump for Spa and Cartridge Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

The one in my signature is great. My pool is a bit bigger than your so it should work fine. I got it on Amazon for $140 or around there.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Azgirl71 View Post
    The one in my signature is great. My pool is a bit bigger than your so it should work fine. I got it on Amazon for $140 or around there.
    my next one will probably be 15x48 cant go much bigger than 15 because of the space. Is yours Saltwater? and if so does it have to be?

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by angelover02740 View Post
    my next one will probably be 15x48 cant go much bigger than 15 because of the space. Is yours Saltwater? and if so does it have to be?
    Yes, I have a SWG, but it does not have to be. We will probably get a new one next year. It will likely have to still be a 15 round again unless I map out a place in the yard that I have a good view. My daughter is a good swimmer, but I still worry if my grandson is over. Right now we have it right off our back patio.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, I have a SWG, but it does not have to be. We will probably get a new one next year. It will likely have to still be a 15 round again unless I map out a place in the yard that I have a good view. My daughter is a good swimmer, but I still worry if my grandson is over. Right now we have it right off our back patio.
    did the pump come with your pool or did you convert it? Also did u have to cut the liner? im trying to find videos where i dont need to cut the liner

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I converted to it. It comes with adapters. Last year I just used the adapters. Then I decided to upgrade the inlet and outlet plugs this year when we upgraded to the sand filter. I will be back with a link for you.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the link that helped me.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/64388-Cutting-Larger-Intake-amp-Return-holes-in-your-Intex
    Lisa

8. Back To Top    #8

I converted to it. It comes with adapters. Last year I just used the adapters. Then I decided to upgrade the inlet and outlet plugs this year when we upgraded to the sand filter. I will be back with a link for you.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the link that helped me.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-your-Intex
    that was very helpful. I have decided to go with the Intex 2800 Gal Sand Filter Pump if i get a bigger pool this should still be efficient