One jet not working

Welcome to the forum!

Skimmer line probably has a clog in it. Try backflushing from the pump to the skimmer with the valve on skimmer only.

You open the pump basket and where the pipe enters, stuff a hose wrapped with a rag into the hole and turn on the water. Just make sure the suction valve is set for skimmer only.

Ok, did that and a small amount of debris was released, however the other Jet is still not working. I put a couple of small leaves in the skimmer and they ended up in the pump basket, so no clog there. Could there be a clog in the line running from the non working jet to the main line?

It would be very unusual to have a clog in the return line since is after the filter. The only thing that could clog a line is part of the plumbing that may have broken off but that is pretty rare. Did you have any plumbing work done recently? Also, if you did have a clogged return line, pressure would be higher than normal not lower than normal.

But again, if the filter pressure is lower than normal, that indicates a suction side clog and if the pressure only drops when the skimmer is engaged, it has to be in that line. However, pressure will normally drop by a few PSI when shutting off one of the suction lines so is this something you remember seeing before?

When I switch from main drain to skimmer the pressure drops a little bit but then quickly goes back to normal. My pressure has always been around 10 psi since we got the pool . It seems weird that two of the three Jets would work properly if there was a clog? We did have a very hard winter and I'm wondering if perhaps there was water left in the line and the pipe might have cracked ? Since it's buried you wouldn't notice a leak?

I think I sometimes get a little air build up in my furthest jet that reduces the flow ... usually on low speed. The higher speed seems to clear it out. Glad you got it sorted :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.