Update - Water In - Final pieces remain South Jersey Build

Re: New build in South Jersey - Pictures included

LOL!!! I really am like your daughter. When I walk out back, look everything over, and listen to the PB.... I love it even though I don't understand it (hardly at all)! Wow, a kindred spirit. They say as one gets older, we revert back to our former child selves. I'm on my way!

She's a lucky little girl to have you for a mom. What a special time are your daily walks together talking about the day and the pool!!!! You do know that it's these special and quiet, seemingly small times she will always hold dear?!!!! Thanks for the peaceful imagery after a long day. :wave: Suz.

That seems like a high price for EP Henry pavers. I'm doing techo block pavers around my pool and I'm paying $12.50 a foot and the pavers cost about 6:50 per foot. I'm not doing a concrete base, however which is probably about four dollars a square foot. If you cost is without a concrete base that price seems very high

I love the freeform pools. Can't wait to see this completed.

@grottoguy

Well pool company got back to me and it's way more than even that. Bc of the free form and radius' around the pool - would need a lot of cuts for the coping - wouldn't get much credit for the concrete bc still need a concrete base so pavers are out of the question. [emoji25].

I guess I'll need to find something I like and add the slip resistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got back up quote on pavers much lower - looking into.

Telling me $500 more for the variable speed pump. Good or bad. Seems high.

The heater would be $2500 which I think I'll
Hold off and and the gas connection $1000

Got back up quote on pavers much lower - looking into.

Telling me $500 more for the variable speed pump. Good or bad. Seems high.

The heater would be $2500 which I think I'll
Hold off and and the gas connection $1000

assuming the pump you plan on using is the Pentair super flo 1.5hp listed in your signature, you can buy that retail for around $400...I found the superflo variable speed pump for $750. so $500 doesn't seem overly crazy, but remember these are retail prices so I am sure your PB gets them for less. The dual speed (2 speed) 1.5 hp is $550...I would suggest that, should only be around $150-200 more. I don't see the need to variable speed pump, I think the 2 speed would be fine, and a good upgrade from the single you have currently. the variable is a lot more for not that much benefit. in my opinion

just based my numbers on a quick google, and prices here: http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/superflopumps.htm

On coping work on a free form pool,. he is 100% telling you the truth. We have one, and my patio company told me they would be in and out in about 2 weeks. Long story short, it was about 6, some time due to other reasons, but mostly the amount of cutting. I did not want my coping stones just spread out with larger mortar lines towards the back. So they cut EVERY coping stone so the lines were all even, and then had to cut all the pavers around the pool and around the outside of the patio (also free form). At the end of the day, my patio builder was awesome as he said his quote was his quote and I didn't pay extra, but I estimate it was about $5k worth of extra work had I had to pay.

Well I can do the stamped concrete for the coping and the pavers everywhere else For a Reasonable amount if I can convince the pool company to refund the amount for the stamped concrete.

Also I'm definitely not making my 'promised date' of Memorial Day. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We have two multi colored LED lights going in, and I read on another thread about a low voltage lighting system that runs from dawn to dusk. I am thinking about using that for the landscaping surrounding the pool When I was a kid, my dad had multi-colored lighting all around the pool, which I loved, but I always wanted better lighting IN the pool. Now I wonder if maybe I should have gone with 3.
2 or 3 Pentair LED Intelibright 5G lights is a close call. I have 2 and it's fine. Would 3rd light make a difference? Probably. But cost-wise it's better to put your money somewhere else, good reel for solar cover ;)

DSC05750_1280x12980.JPG

DSC05753_1280x12980.JPG

Attempt to capture red LED color
DSC05755_1280x12980.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a travertine deck to look at
DSC01852.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

LOL!!! I really am like your daughter. When I walk out back, look everything over, and listen to the PB.... I love it even though I don't understand it (hardly at all)! Wow, a kindred spirit. They say as one gets older, we revert back to our former child selves. I'm on my way!

She's a lucky little girl to have you for a mom. What a special time are your daily walks together talking about the day and the pool!!!! You do know that it's these special and quiet, seemingly small times she will always hold dear?!!!! Thanks for the peaceful imagery after a long day. :wave: Suz.

Kids are beyond amazing. She makes me see the world in a new way every day! I'm the lucky one :)

I have completely reverted to being a kid numerous times in this process, I go from logical and factual to 'but I really want that' like Veruca Salt! haha

- - - Updated - - -

Today is backfill today. Only took two weeks, in perfect weather.

Do all pool companies take random days off to do other jobs? Its infuriating b/c those are the exact amount of days we needed to be able to make the Memorial Day date that was originally promised.

Ok I need some advice people, and I only have an hour.

The electrician is coming in out today. How many additional outlets did you place around the pool? And any location preferences.

I placed one, behind the diving board, as our code required at least one. In hindsight, I wish I also put one where my primary seating area/patio table is, for laptops and phone chargers.

Two on the long side and one on the short side, both of which have seating areas.

So here are some pictures from Friday, when they finished the backfill...

Saturday, Russ came by for the stamped concrete layout and painted the area where the concrete is going with spray paint. We added a little, made the minimum 4 feet and here we are:

Today they finished compacting the dirt and adding the rocks to the tanning ledge and the bench. The electrician came out. 231' of electric/over 100 feet its $7/foot - woo hoo, more money.

That is going to be beautiful!!! It has to be exciting to see that outline. Now, is that dirt from what was dug out for the pool, or is that new dirt? Have you seen my dirt?? Some rocks with huge and small chunks of clay....

And thanks for including the question about the additional outlets around the pool. I had no clue to think about that (I would have later when I needed one). Thank goodness for everyone on this forum!! Take care. Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.