Update - Water In - Final pieces remain South Jersey Build

Re: UPDATED - Concrete Poured on SJ Build - Pictures included

[emoji122]?[emoji122]?[emoji122]?[emoji122]?[emoji122]?

It's stresses me out to watch them messing with that liner. I would have rips and creases. I have bad luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problems and challenges happen with every pool install I would think. Too hard to predict everything. The real measure of success is how well they are handled by the PB and owner. I had probably one of the smoothest installs I ever could have hoped for, but it certainly wasn't from getting lucky - tons of planning and thinking, much of which we've all watched you do. You are very close now. You will enjoy it immensely! Congratulations.

Problems and challenges happen with every pool install I would think. Too hard to predict everything. The real measure of success is how well they are handled by the PB and owner. I had probably one of the smoothest installs I ever could have hoped for, but it certainly wasn't from getting lucky - tons of planning and thinking, much of which we've all watched you do. You are very close now. You will enjoy it immensely! Congratulations.

So true! I have to say that these last few issues with the liner, the had all the big guns out there and they stayed until it was repaired. They also accepted responsibility for their part in the measurements. Overall, this has been an arduous but extremely exciting and educational process but I am so completely in love with how the pool is turning out and will enjoy it immensely for years to come. Now back to Pool School!

More problems... Last night the repaired step looked like is
bcde76edf11d4d8f42b1c12bd1304add.jpg

Now it looks like this
174158b3b6b38fe8e53de88673147cfd.jpg

They seem to feel confident that once the water is in it will flatten and get tighter.:.

SWEET! I love that they all stayed there until it was fixed. I bet their hearts were beating hard when they fit the liner to the new steps and it FIT!!!!!!

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

You must have been posting the step follow up while I was posting. I hope they are right!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

:party: Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! The water is gorgeous! Crystal clear! You guys already look settled in - like you're old pros! Has it sunk in yet? I'm grinning ear to ear for ya'll.

How's that water feel? I can'twait to hear more - everyone's excitement and reactions! Oh Happy Days!!! Suz.

Ascew...
The little one is beyond in love!! And aesthetically the pool is amazing I love it but there remains a lot of things to get figured out with the pool company and they are impossible to get a hold of on a weekend. We are missing our sat and winter cover. We are missing the suction end for the vacuum - our Polaris doesn't have a long enough cord and there was nothing drilled in to hang a rope. Also our two led lights aren't synced, I thought they should be.

But I'm most concerned about the liner. I might have to stop at a local pool
Store today and ask them since I'm getting nowhere with mine!

Suz! I have some videos of our first jump off the jump rock! I love it! I'll post them when I get off hubby's phone. It was so funny when it filled I was skimming from outside the pool, then I made my way to tanning ledge and then just went all the way in with shorts on! Haha we all
Had our first family swim
Yesterday and we are so happy with the design and layout. The deep end bench is so perfect and bigger then I thought in planning. I love it! Taylor just hung out there and swam under the waterfall. My test kit STILL isn't here so I'm really excited to start messing with that also.

Landscapers are
Coming out Monday to start on river rock and the trees/bushes - I wish I had the budget left to do anything like Suz! Your backyard is going to be a dream :). I did some liriope, ornamental grasses, cypress mop and a dwarf Japanese maple tree. I will take some
Before and after pictures.

Our fence guy is here today unexpectedly which is awesome to put the fence back up and to fix all gates
To be compliant for
The pool..[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

So just concerned liner stays in place and that I get it figured out so I know if I can swim.

I can hear the excitement in your post! :bounce: This is such fun! Ha - love it..... swimming in your shorts and the first family swim! Isn't it exciting to get to 'know' your pool - discovering all those great things you didn't expect to love like the deep end bench?!! And that waterfall.... It's perfect the way the water spills into the pool. Your shot of the pool captures that beautifully. There's nothing like swimming under a waterfall, especially on a hot, hot day (or that first family swim!)! How sad if you hadn't decided to add it and the jump rock. You made such great design and pool features decisions! Bravo. :goodjob:

And about landscaping.... often times simpler is best. I think less will be more for the elegance of your pool. (with landscaping and gardening I'm confident) And, it doesn't sound like it's too little. I always have liriope and for the first time will have some ornamental grasses. They are low maintenance and give such a lush feeling to a garden. I haven't heard of cypress mop - I'll have to google that right away - sounds interesting. I would LOVE to have a Japanese maple tree! They are amazing. Sadly, I'm all out of room in the backyard. I don't have that great space you have. Now I can't wait to see your landscaping. Something I understand and am passionate about!

And the icing on the cake - the fence guy came on a Sunday! How great is that, right?! Everything is clicking along! I can't tell you how happy I am for you guys. It's all wonderful. Wow, enjoy the day! Hugs of joy..... Suz.

Well I have to continue to keep you guys updated, b/c I also am going to print and keep this forum as my memory of this experience good and bad.

So, Wednesday when they thought they were finishing up, they couldn't b/c both PB and Kafko screwed up. The diagonal measurements didn't work with the distance the step was supposed to be from the edge. PB has 12', the liner is 14'. The owner, and the construction head were there discussing and they threw around the idea of ripping the step out and redoing, and decided just to shave off the two inches. They stayed until 7pm, promised Thursday morning once dry the liner would fit and the pool would be filled and complete all missing items delivered.

Thursday I was off of work to watch the completion. I asked George a few times how it was coming b/c I saw him looking over and over and not grabbing the water. Turns out owner and head of construction shaved off the two inches on the right, but never added two inches to the left, so the linter still doesn't fit. They put in the deep end light, moved the gas heater to 5' from property line, installed 2 speed pump, added ladder and railing and finally worked on the step. He 'added' two inches. Said first thing Friday morning would be able to add the foam and fill. Told us to fill the water only to the point one inch up on the lower end. So we did, we had the concern of the same three spots losing their liner hold, and it starting to peel back. Called and no one returned our call. We left as is and filled to point we were told.

Friday morning George comes back and says we could have kept filling. They put the TAPE there and told us not to! lol ugh. They said your pool will finally be complete by noon. Are you happy? We were thrilled. They worked on the gas heater again, finished up the light which they could NOT get to fit for 2 hours in the shallow end. They said they can't work on the step until the water is full, so Saturday now. I called everyone in the company to try to get some idea of what they will do since step not looking like they can fix. No one returned my call, the owner tried sneaking in the backyard, my mother in law went out there and came back in house to call me and he tried sneaking out again.

They gave us the Pentair Legend II cleaner but the hose isn't long enough so they promised to return with that Monday. They gave us the vacuum without the suction head. They said there is no rope and will return. We filled the pool to 2 inches above tanning ledge. The vinyl came down again.

Saturday they returned and put 16 bags of salt in the pool. The put the vinyl back. They swept the bottom. They taught us how to work the pool (2 minutes presentation). They again said they moved the vinyl by the step but its still pulling - needs more water! Hello this is getting repetitive. They will be back Saturday morning for final check of salt, final payment and to finalize the vinyl in the step. Two hours later the vinyl came out AGAIN same spot. Still no vacuum suction head, no hose, the light on the low end is not attached on the bottom, the vinyl came out in three places now, missing the solar and winter cover, the lights don't sync and I see no option of white or solid cover in switching between the colors, there is another pocket where vinyl isn't attached well, AND THE links for the rope (we have no rope - also missing) are UNDER THE VINYL, they never cut out the holes, and now the pool is full.

Sunday - Emailed again asking about vinyl, went to a local pool store and they instructed us how to pull the vinyl back up. We did and two spots held, the same difficult one fell two more times, and will not stay.

Monday - I emailed the list of what remains outstanding and question when final inspection is. Obviously I"m not paying small final payment with vinyl not staying, step not fixed, items missing and links UNDER vinyl. I didn't mention that but still have heard nothing via email or telephone from them and no one has shown up at all.

Frustrated, I really just want this done and complete correctly and it feels impossible.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.