Update - Water In - Final pieces remain South Jersey Build

Re: UPDATED - Concrete Poured on SJ Build - Pictures included

Suz I'm dying that they didn't do the name and date!!! Any ideas!?

Such a personal special part of this really brings it all back home to why we are doing this and the family times we will spend here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say sweet talk one of the guys or someone you know to make a little concrete form right by where her hand print is and have them mix and pour just enough concrete to write her name and date in.

OR you can try to get some concrete paint and paint it on. I wonder if a Sharpie marker would work?

Does anyone you know have a dremel tool and know how to use it? They could use a sharp tip and "write" her name with it by her hand.

Just throwing idea out there!

Kim

Next pool they can do it. We carved the year in the retaining wall but no prints. You could do a black epoxy paint of some sort and write it.

Very nice build!! Apologies up front if my comment is troubling. I read the majority of the thread and I am a bit concerned at the thought of removing the handrails in the future for esthetics. I can only think that if, in the unlikely event, a child falls into the pool, the handrail might be its only chance for survival. Drowning occurs quickly, without splashing. Codes may seem troublesome sometimes but they are in place for good reasons. Unfortunately, I am intimately aware of situations where children visiting a home wander away unnoticed and are later found at the bottom of the pool. If I have misunderstood, again my apologies.

This is going to be a beautiful pool! Looking forward to seeing pics of it finished

sent from the device my boss pays the bill for, so I should be working instead of posting here

I googled "how to engrave on hardened concrete ". Many ideas popped up, so you might try that search. I read only the first 2 which didn't give a quick and easy solution.

The epoxy tip might work. I thought of a brass plaque, but that felt a little creepy like a memorial. That won't do at all.
You'll find a way! Suz.

Inkzall Jobsite Markers are made to write on concrete - tough tips, etc. A sharpie might work too. Try to practice on a small unobtrusive spot.

Take care! Suz.

I say sweet talk one of the guys or someone you know to make a little concrete form right by where her hand print is and have them mix and pour just enough concrete to write her name and date in.

OR you can try to get some concrete paint and paint it on. I wonder if a Sharpie marker would work?

Does anyone you know have a dremel tool and know how to use it? They could use a sharp tip and "write" her name with it by her hand.

Just throwing idea out there!

Kim

I'm wondering about the Sharpie as well, not a bad idea! Or when they come to lay the concrete IN the pool, I can work some magic maybe :)

- - - Updated - - -

This is going to be a beautiful pool! Looking forward to seeing pics of it finished

sent from the device my boss pays the bill for, so I should be working instead of posting here

Thank you! I am so grateful my PB switched my design and convinced me this would work for us, I love how different it is from what i am used to. Just can't wait to see it DONE :)

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice build!! Apologies up front if my comment is troubling. I read the majority of the thread and I am a bit concerned at the thought of removing the handrails in the future for esthetics. I can only think that if, in the unlikely event, a child falls into the pool, the handrail might be its only chance for survival. Drowning occurs quickly, without splashing. Codes may seem troublesome sometimes but they are in place for good reasons. Unfortunately, I am intimately aware of situations where children visiting a home wander away unnoticed and are later found at the bottom of the pool. If I have misunderstood, again my apologies.

My grab rail isn't into the pool, it only goes to the tanning ledge with one step in between. The tanning ledge I think is 12" including the portion without water. I certainly understand your fears, and my daughter has had many swim lessons and her friends and her will start with a professional at home the second we open the pool. I actually work for a law firm that does personal injury consulting and I've seen horrific awful stories that could have been avoided. For the near future, the grab rail will remain but the way it is laid out, it doesn't go into the body of the pool. Thank for your thoughts I will certainly keep them in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Next pool they can do it. We carved the year in the retaining wall but no prints. You could do a black epoxy paint of some sort and write it.

Thanks! I will definitely be looking into all options but I'm so afraid I will screw it up!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Happy Days!!!! Things are looking fantastic. I still so love the shape of your pool, and the deck is bringing it out even more! That's awesome they are so flexible and willing to listen to input - especially without making you feel like a nag.

Good decisions to nudge over the waterfall and press for the rail now (and getting rid of it later.... Tee Hee!).

Is that stamped concrete? It looks like a travertine pattern! And are they laying flagstone as accent or is the pattern on the concrete actually their guide to lay the flagstone?? Whatever, it's going to be gorgeous!

You must be jumping up and down with excitement! It's so fun to see the build take such a turn in looks, isn't it?!!!

I have a favor to ask...... since I'm lazy and low in memory cells, could you add dimensions, and a few other details to your signature? It's such extreme effort and trouble for me to keep clicking back to page 1 to look up those specs! (how lazy technology makes us!!!)

Sorry, but I can't help out on the pump and waterfall question. Someone will be along to do that. Enjoy your day!!!! Suz.

Our neighbor was over yesterday and said his waterfall uses the same pump as well and that is something he wishes he would have changed. Guess I will be having another convo with the PB.

Thanks for the explanation on the handrail. I understand much better now and knowing where you work makes me know you totally get it! Your build was an interesting read last night. Thanks for sharing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

How and why did he wish he had changed it? So nice to have so many ideas to work with!

Kim

Separate plumbing so more control on the flow and circulation, also in case added anything in future. I guess it takes a lot from him pump when running both. He does have 4 jets on his stairway in addition to his 3 returns and 2 skimmers. Not exactly sure, i'm guessing.

b3903d3b70f9652116271ba36e2fabb7.jpg

Lines are cut and measurements taken. Vinyl comes next.

b6a6d581d7bbf7277de7c722651f3c2b.jpg

M
cd6a4ab8a5e20baf2e555633dd615959.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long before the liner comes in? The deck looks fabulous! I am in love with your travertine stamped concrete. This is really so much fun! Anything going on tomorrow? Take care! Suz.

Everytime I read one of your posts the signature line cracks me up! Love that. I should include same on mine.

- - - Updated - - -

great deck! your pics inspired me to move forward with stamped concrete instead of exposed aggregate. so thank you!

I'm so excited about it, I was so worried about the look I literally looked at over a thousand pictures before doing it and nailing it down. IT really came out so much better than even I expected. I am really happy about the way it works with the existing pavers too = the colors really compliment one another.

Are you posting pictures? I can't wait to see it, what style/color are you going with?

The one thing I would recommend for you - I'm not sure if you work during the day or you can be home. If you can be home, I feel the most important part is the day they seal, the final look depends a lot on how much they put down/the color powder they select and the amount of it. Be involved so you can make sure you get the look and feel you love.

Everytime I read one of your posts the signature line cracks me up! Love that. I should include same on mine.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so excited about it, I was so worried about the look I literally looked at over a thousand pictures before doing it and nailing it down. IT really came out so much better than even I expected. I am really happy about the way it works with the existing pavers too = the colors really compliment one another.

Are you posting pictures? I can't wait to see it, what style/color are you going with?

The one thing I would recommend for you - I'm not sure if you work during the day or you can be home. If you can be home, I feel the most important part is the day they seal, the final look depends a lot on how much they put down/the color powder they select and the amount of it. Be involved so you can make sure you get the look and feel you love.
He probably wouldn't like it too much bwahahaha

How long before the liner comes in? The deck looks fabulous! I am in love with your travertine stamped concrete. This is really so much fun! Anything going on tomorrow? Take care! Suz.

Suz:

It's KILLING ME! haha. The concrete has been done since Wednesday and I haven't heard anything from the pool company. Obviously, noting will get done on Monday as it is a holiday and we will all be enjoying the warm sunny weather maybe with an adult beverage or reviewing and amending our pool plans a million time :) The sales man told me earlier this week it should be installed next week, but the underlayment hasn't been done, and I'm not sure the vinyl has been ordered. I am waiting on some update/answers today and will certainly let you know. We are so close, I just want to wrap it up and start filling with some water! Maybe even invite Smurfette ;):laughblue:

Lol :-D

more beverages required!

- - - Updated - - -

ps, deck looks great!

Frustration levels are at an all time high. Email received today from PB that the install of liner will be the WEEK OF JUNE 1st if not earlier. We started on this VINYL inground build April 28th! We had walls up within a week. This is so frustrating.

Many more beers will be needed this weekend. I was OK with missing Memorial Day, but going this far out, and they haven't even BEEN at the house except twice in the last 2 weeks.

Ok rant over. Sorry

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.