Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My cheap and easy DIY pool cartridge filter cleaning lazy susan stand

1. Back To Top    #1

My cheap and easy DIY pool cartridge filter cleaning lazy susan stand

Have a look:

https://youtu.be/Ls1p7nDyTFM

It raises the filter about a foot and makes it real easy to clean. You can find the parts you need at the curb in you neighborhood if you keep an eye out.

Enjoy,
    Richard

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My cheap and easy DIY pool cartridge filter cleaning lazy susan stand

That is slick! Just need the 5 year old fireman in training I just saw on another thread.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Great idea Richard!
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome! I have a metal stake about 4ft tall next to my cartridge filter from when I had a plastic mesh screen around the equipment to keep my blind lab out. Since I no longer have the plastic mesh fence, and my lab passed, I took it down, but left the stake in the ground. I put my cartridges on it one at a time to hose them down. My 5 year old practices his firefighting skills (it was me who posted that in the "do you backwash a cartridge filter" thread). He loves it, and I get drink a beer. It really saves my back and knees, too.

I love your solution, and will have to make one. Brilliant idea!!
    10.5K IG gunnite pool with micro-pebble finish in Caribbean blue with Baja step. Haywood main filter with Perry's Pool Pump 1hp motor. Jandy CL-340 cartridge filter. Circupool RJ30 SWG system. TF100 test kit with Speedstir. Floating beer cooler.

5. Back To Top    #5

Awesome idea!!!!! I need to find an old chair fast. I am cleaning my filters this weekend. Thank you!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

6. Back To Top    #6

I helped a neighbor clean his filters and brought my stand over. It eliminates most of the stooping. I may keep and eye out for broken office chairs and build another to give away in my neighborhood. These chairs are pretty junky. The bottom of the "seat" portion is a thin piece of metal that fails and then the whole thing goes to the curb. There is a facebook page in my neighborhood, and its probably going to be easy to get another. Would have been nice to use a pan head bolt and a fender washer to protect the plastic lid part but still present a flat surface for the filter. Its also not the easiest thing to center the lid, since the chair has no metal in its most central spot to drill and bolt thru.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Just found this for the first time and I love it! Thank you for inventing this and posting about it! If you haven't already, consider a brass twist/fireman's nozzle, like this one under $6 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Melnor-5-...ozzle/55246462
    If I was effective, and your pool makes you smile, please make me smile and CLICK HERE to Become a TFP Supporter!
    Also, please make AmazonSmile donate to TFP by CLICKING HERE, at no cost to you!
    My Florida Pool: 20k IG plaster cart K-2006 | Washington State Pool I help with: 17k AG vinyl sand TF-100