Combined Chlorine

jwgillis

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2008
Yuma, AZ
Tested Pool 90 days ago (drop test)and combined chlorine was.5 which has been normal forever. Tested today 3 times (drop test) and each time the pink color got lighter after the first (or 2d) drop but stayed the "lighter" pink without changing to clear after as many as 20 drops of R-0003. Bad Test or Pool has gone to H_ _ _? Help would be appreciated.

You have not tested in 3 months? :scratch:

Did you do a full set of test results? Post them up as they could help point to a problem.

Each drop should have an impact on the color, so I suspect that "lighter" pink you are continually seeing should not count ... although it is strange.

Is the 20 drops of R-0003 a typo? If that isn't a typo, review the instructions for this test, you might have gotten rusty over the 90 days. Normally you add exactly 5 drops of R-0003, then count the drops of R-0871 to clear.

Thanks to both of you for your response. dfahrion hit the (rusty) Nail on the head. Kept using R-0003 after the 5 initial drops to try and bring it back to clear. Using the right R-0871 after the 5 initial drops of R-0003 resulted the normal .5 CC reading. I not only made this mistake once but all three times in my previous testing! I do test daily for Chlorine and pH but I am able to do a complete Trouble Free test kit T-100 test only every 90 days because I have followed Troublefree Pools recommendations exactly for the last 7 years which has resulted in an amazingly stable Pool. Thought I would cover my stupidity with a righteous plug for this great website.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.