Cleaning waterline on a vinyl liner

Of course, it depends on what caused the staining, if known. I would suggest an inexpensive approach and try regular Laundry detergent (sparingly) and judge the results. If that doesn't work, I have heard "magic eraser" is a good fix. Use it cautiously.....it's a mild abrasive.

Of course, it depends on what caused the staining, if known. I would suggest an inexpensive approach and try regular Laundry detergent (sparingly) and judge the results. If that doesn't work, I have heard "magic eraser" is a good fix. Use it cautiously.....it's a mild abrasive.

duraleigh, thanks for the reply.
However, I've asked about regular cleaning, not stain removal.

I think I'd raise the water level to submerge the waterline and let it soak a day and then get in and work on it with a dish scrubbing pad. If that didn't lift it, then I'd consider something chemical. What kind of stain is it? It's not just salt and calcium left from evaporation, is it?

I think Richard 320 and I are talking about general cleaning as well.
Looks like we are on the same page than.

Obviously I'm trying to lift any oils and soiling from the waterline. Ultimate goal is to clean and apply liner conditioner (rejuvinate it) while my water level is lowered for winter. Vinal rejuvenation is an advise I've got from one pool builder, and kinda makes sense to me.

I don't know what that means.....it is very difficult to restore vinyl that has degraded in some fashion. What's wrong with your liner?
Nothing wrong (knocking on wood).
Pool builder's advise was to apply vinyl conditioners (pretty much anything you can get in big box store) to prolong liner's life. Kinda maintenance item.
Liner part above the water level gets ruined by the sun the most (heat, UV light) and I think his advise makes sense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.