Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Build - 1st Timer - Few Questions- SALT and LIGHTS

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build - 1st Timer - Few Questions- SALT and LIGHTS

I am getting ready to install a fiberglass pool, roughly 18,000 gallon. Have purchased all Jandy equipment, 2hp varible speed Flow Pro pump, CV Versa Plumb Filter and the 266K JXI Heater. I still have to purchase the salt system and a light. Just cant decide on them. I am considering the Pentair 5G LED Color light or the Hayward light, trying to decide which is better??

Salt- Just cant seem to decide between the three, Jandy Aqua Pure, Hayward AquaRite, or the Pentair. Was going to buy a Electrical Control/Distribution Panel to power everything out of but it seems like I can just buy an exterior 100amp sub panel a whole lot cheaper.

any suggestions - I need to pull the trigger in a day or two since the pool goes in two weeks from now

Thanks guys

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build - 1st Timer - Few Questions- SALT and LIGHTS

Welcome to TFP!!!

I don't have an opinion on the lights.

For the SWG, I will just say that the Pentair cells are more expensive to replace down the road, and if you do not have Pentair automation, you only get to set the output in 20% increments which can make dialing in the FC level a little more difficult. I have had Hayward's on my 2 pools without a problem. Definitely size the SWG for 1.5-3 times the size of your pool. I would recommend a 40k cell.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Welcome to TFP!!!

I don't have an opinion on the lights.

For the SWG, I will just say that the Pentair cells are more expensive to replace down the road, and if you do not have Pentair automation, you only get to set the output in 20% increments which can make dialing in the FC level a little more difficult. I have had Hayward's on my 2 pools without a problem. Definitely size the SWG for 1.5-3 times the size of your pool. I would recommend a 40k cell.

How do like the ProLogic p-4 ? Is it worth the expense? Is it the control panel, load center? Does it have breaker capabilities?

4. Back To Top    #4

The P4 has the breaker panel and controls. It is the most basic ProLogic. Only reason I got it was because I was adding solar and SWG and needed to update the breaker panel ... so this ended up costing very similar to what getting the different separate systems would have.

Pentair actually does have a cheaper system that integrates with their SWG without a load center.

BUT, since you already got a Jandy VS pump, you would be better to stick with Jandy automation as it will integrate easier/better.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Anybody on the best Salt System?

6. Back To Top    #6

If you are running all Jandy equipment, I would look at the Jandy LED Lights. Tie right into the Jandy control system seamlessly.
    43 x 19 Gunite Pool w/ spa and fire pit, 19,000 gallons, Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue finish, Jandy 2 HP VS E-pump, Jandy 580 sq ft Cartridge Filter, Jandy LXI 400k Heater, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, 4 Jandy LED color lights, Aqualink PDA and Iaqualink, Polaris 280 with Booster Pump. Polaris 9550 Robot Cleaner. 1 HP Silencer Air Blower for Spa http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...NAL-INSPECTION

7. Back To Top    #7

I am very happy with my Pentair IC40 saltwater chlorine generator. It has worked great for over three years.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach