Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gas Line for Pool Heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Gas Line for Pool Heater

New at the whole pool thing. I had our pool installed late in the fall last year, so this will be our first full year with it. Looking for some info on gas line to heater. Any info on where I can buy 200 feet of 1 1/2 PE gas line. The suppliers in my area only have 150 and 500 foot rolls. I don't want to put a splice under ground.

Thank You,

Pete
    18x29x35 (In-Ground) Lagoon Cardinal Steel Pool 25K Gallon
    Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter Model:S2446
    Hayward Super Pump Model: SP2607X10 1HP
    Hayward Natural Gas Heater Model: H350FDN

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Gas Line for Pool Heater

If you do a Google search you should find some online companies that sell this.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!!

I would think if you have the proper tools to install the gas line, then a welded splice would be no big deal.

This is not really a DIY project IMO. Or are you just digging the trench and laying the pipe?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

They make heat fusion tools to join PE gas lines. We used to use the tools that you heat up with a torch. The pipe goes on one end, and the fitting on the other end of the tool. Heat it up with a torch, the pull the pipe and fitting off the tool, then put the fitting on the pipe. Now they have electric tools instead of having to use a torch. It's called a McElroy fusion tool. It basically forms a melted joint. It has to be pressure tested and inspected before the ditch is filled.
    And I agree. Not really a DIY job when it comes to running gas lines.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm just digging the trench and laying the pipe. My contractor will do the rest. The pipe is coupled via a coupler using a chamfering tool. Town needs to inspect and pressure test.

Thanks
    18x29x35 (In-Ground) Lagoon Cardinal Steel Pool 25K Gallon
    Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter Model:S2446
    Hayward Super Pump Model: SP2607X10 1HP
    Hayward Natural Gas Heater Model: H350FDN