Checking wide flat gasket betweenr pump strainer lid and lock ring

ryker

Gold Supporter
May 2, 2014
Inverness Fl
I read in another post where he had removed the clear plastic cover that is held by the pump lid, that goes on top of the strainer basket container, so he could check the wide flat gasket between that and the locking cover (ring). How do you get this out of the lock ring. Mine is held in place by 3 thick clear plastic tabs on top that look like they are just over the edge of the lock ring. If I take a rubber mallet and try to knock this out, will it break the lock ring. Anybody try this or know. Thanks.

it is the 3 wide plastic tabs. if you could hold the lock ring in your hand, you would see that the top of the plastic tab is just over the side of the lock ring, preventing it from dropping out. in the 1st pic, the tabs are at 12-4-8 o'clock position.

Attachments

• DSCF0035.jpg
    DSCF0035.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF0036.jpg
    DSCF0036.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 20
I would call Tech Support at Pentair to get a definitive answer. It doesn't look like there is much "flex" available to pop it out and I agree with you......looks like it could break off the clear tab.

That said, I see no other way to get it out.

I don't think you need to worry about it. It doesn't appear to be part of the sealing mechanism. I might force a little pool lube between the parts if it concerns you.

Having said that, I really think it would "pop" apart without breaking the tabs or the ring. However, there is no warranty if I'm wrong! :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.