Not Generating Quoted figures

Oct 26, 2014
Thailand
I recently bought a Emaux 45gr/hr SWG when i first got it there was a lot of visable bubbles filling the whole return tube , now after a month or so of running it there seems to be visablly less bubbles in the return Tube . So i done a over night test running it over night testing at 8pm then about at 6am . At 8pm it was 1.5/2.0 FC (hard to tell 100% under flouresent lights) in the morning at 6am the reading was only 2.5 FC . The stranage thing is the pool is still crystall clear and we have had some very heavy loading over the holidays with loads of the local kid coming for a swim (upto 35 in the pool at one time ) and the water has stayed clear and the FC stayed around 2 /2.5 which i know is too low . Is there any other way to test apart from just sending it back which is a major pain in the arse as the shop is 700km away and the turn around time could be really long .Acording to Poolmath the SWG should raise the FC by .5 p/hr so running it over night it should of gone up to around 5.0 FC.Also something else which is a good thing my PH has not moved from 7.6-7.7 in over a month seems to be really stable before with Liquid Chlorine i had to put 2Litres of 31% HCL in every 8-10 days

FC 2.5
CC 2.5
PH 7.7
CH 220
TA 120
CYA 65
Salt 4000-4800 ( the tolerance of the Palintest test kit ) manufacture guidelines 4000-42000

I would start with a visual inspection of the cell plates to see if there is any white chalky buildup. You probably don't have a problem there, but it is easy to check and fits your symptoms perfectly.

One possibility is that it is simply taking a while to catch up on processing all of the organic debris from the people swimming. As the number of people swimming goes up, the amount of chlorine you need to add goes up. Chlorine is needed to break down sweat and shed skin cells and so on. With lots of people swimming it can take a while for all of that to be broken down, resulting in increased chlorine demand for 24 hours or more after 35 people are swimming.

Our usual instructions assume two people swimming most days, a couple more on the weekend. When the bather load goes up the chlorine demand goes up and other effects start to be important (like needing extra filtering time). With lots of people swimming all the time, you get into what even call a commercial pool, which isn't really about private/commercial, but about how many people are swimming each day.

Thanks for the reply its calming down now with the bather load the kids go back to school in a week and we are just about to enter monsoon season so then i expect it will go back to "normal" use . ill give it a week or so with a low load see what the readings are as i said above its staying clear one thing i didnt mention was that im backwashing 1-2 times a week now as well so the filter is taking a lot of of the water and its staying clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.