Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intermatic Digital Timer

1. Back To Top    #1

Intermatic Digital Timer

Does anyone have one of these? They are a few hundred instead of a grand for a full automation system. Wondering if I can get one that can:
    Pump on/off
    Booster on/off
    Light on/off
    Actuate one valve (my waterfall valve)

Anyone know?
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intermatic Digital Timer

Some of the "full" automation systems start around $400.

Intermatic makes good stuff. They don't do nearly as much as "full" automation systems, but what they do, they do well.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Right now I have two intermatic mechanical timers in a single enclosure. One for the filter pump and one for the boost. I was thinking of getting a 3 circuit digital timer FP, BP, and Pool Light. Then, since I would now have a spare space in my dual enclosure, get a valve actuator timer and actuator for my one valve.

I am looking for the P4043ME (valve timer) manual to see how the actuator is powered (i.e. constant reverse polarity voltage, momentary reversing polarity, etc.).

Just need to pull it all together. All there parts (two timers and an actuator) from intermatic would be about $400.

Is there something simpler out there? I saw the Jandy Aqualink RS but that's about $1,200.
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014

4. Back To Top    #4

Pentair's SunTouch system starts around $350 and does a lot more. I wouldn't call it "simple". It does a lot which means somewhat more complex programming.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Jason. I'll look into that. I tried to find a $400 solution with Jandy since that is what all my equipment is but couldn't. Will have to look again.
    ~Paul