Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just Opened pool Chemicals

1. Back To Top    #1

Just Opened pool Chemicals

I opened pool and balanced attempted to balanced Chlorine with Bleach method and now have

FC 7
    CYA 50
    TA 90
    PH 7.5

Should I leave this alone now????
    Sharkline Reprieve 21' x 52" Round Above Ground Swimming Pool, Waterway 520-5220-6S ClearWater 19in. Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with Hi-Flo Single Speed Pump, using BBB method and TF-100 kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just Opened pool Chemicals

Yup .. until tomorrow when you need to test the FC again and add more bleach. Never let the FC drop below 4ppm.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

FC needs to be maintained so that it never drops below the minimum level for your CYA level based on this Chlorine CYA Chart
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

What does your water look like?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

awesome I did my first season pool opening! water is crystal clear. we had a few leaves in bottom when I opened it but that was it. This is only my 2nd year with the pool and last year we struggled with algae learning because even with the expensive kit I wasn't testing the FC. I was using that other little kit that came with it. so I wanted to make sure I was right with the chemicals. Thank you so much.
    Sharkline Reprieve 21' x 52" Round Above Ground Swimming Pool, Waterway 520-5220-6S ClearWater 19in. Sand Filter Above Ground Pool System with Hi-Flo Single Speed Pump, using BBB method and TF-100 kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Congrats on the successful opening!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach