Hello from Scottsdale, AZ

Jan 23, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
I have been on here a few months now reading posts, pool school, and even posting a few questions. I am in the planning/design phase for an owner/build in-ground shotcrete pool with about a 20,000 gallon capacity. Right now I am leaning towards a cartridge filter, SWG, variable speed pump (maybe 2), pebble sheen, attached spa, sheer decent water feature, baja step and possibly some fire pots.

I am really on the fence as far as in-floor cleaners. I want one if I have confidence in it working correctly but many post on here have told me they don't (others love them). I have desert landscaping and would only be getting dust in the pool for the most part.

I look forward to learning as much as I can here and plan to post my progress once I get a design going.

I work in the construction industry and understand how things are built. That being said, I know there is no perfect construction project but think it will be fun/challenging to take on the GC role. Any advise to offer a newbie would be appreciated.

Regards,

Clint

The infloor can work pretty well if you mostly just have dust (which we do) that is kept suspended and filtered out. I had one at previous house and it kept 95% of the pool clean, but the dirt would gather in a few corners that I would have to sweep or vacuum up.

One other downside is that you have a run a big pump for a goo many hours to keep the pool clean with them and that results in a higher energy bill.