Robotic cleaner for Vinyl pool?

Mar 29, 2011
Camas, WA
We have a 17 x 41 Splash vinyl pool. We would like a robotic cleaner but what we keep seeing is for in ground pools. Does anyone here have a robotic cleaner that they safely use in a vinyl pool? Would love to hear your experiences!

It seems there isn't a large selection of AG robots like there is for IG pools... There are several folks here who I believe use the Aquabot AG cleaner, but thats all I can really provide, other than search the pool cleaner pages for AG robotos.....

maybe some other folks will also chime in.

Thanks. We were wondering if there were any IG robots safe for above ground use. Figured folks here would know! ��

It seems there isn't a large selection of AG robots like there is for IG pools... There are several folks here who I believe use the Aquabot AG cleaner, but thats all I can really provide, other than search the pool cleaner pages for AG robotos.....

maybe some other folks will also chime in.

Personally, I dont know why they wouldnt be ok for AG pool. My have a vinyl pool but its inground and my Dolphin works fine.

I know at least 1 or 2 others here have posted the same question as you, but I dont know what the final outcome was.
Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Thanks. We were wondering if there were any IG robots safe for above ground use. Figured folks here would know! ��

The only thing I can think of is that the sides on an I ground pool are stiffer. Glad to hear your works on your vinyl pool. Thanks for your replies!

Elaine

Personally, I dont know why they wouldnt be ok for AG pool. My have a vinyl pool but its inground and my Dolphin works fine.

I know at least 1 or 2 others here have posted the same question as you, but I dont know what the final outcome was.
Hopefully someone else will chime in.

The only physical difference and limitation would be that in general one could argue that a robot with a narrower stance would do better on AG pools due to the walls having a curvature rather than flat walls. However, some IG also have curved walls but curvature would be lesser than small AG pools. My uneducated guess would be that in large AG pools with a lesser curvature due to the larger circle would do fine with most any IG designed robot. A small AG pool is where a larger IG robot might not do as good of a job, just because of the increased wall curvature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.