Reccommendation on Rock- coping sealer/enhancer to use?

Mar 26, 2015
Tulsa/Oklahoma
My remodel is almost finished and builder suggests that we seal the wall ASAP. He says he can do it (not sure what he will charge extra for this) or I can do it. I am looking at my options and depending on cost I may do this myself. I however, don't have any idea what is good product/cost wise. Can someone point in a good direction? I looked at the Dupont Stonetech stuff and a couple other products I can't remember at the moment. It all seems pretty expensive, especially the Dupont stuff. Some advice would be appreciated. We are looking for a sealer/enhancer product.

This is one of the age old discussions on TFP. There are literally hundreds of threads discussing sealing natural stone or not sealing it.

I don't know if you are also soliciting opinions from people who chose not to seal their natural stone. But, we chose not to seal our OK flagstone coping or waterfall. Starting season 4 now and have no regrets in not sealing. Our builder who has built pools in DFW for 30 years recommended against sealing and his personal pool with flagstone coping and stone waterfall is not sealed.

This is one of the age old discussions on TFP. There are literally hundreds of threads discussing sealing natural stone or not sealing it.

I don't know if you are also soliciting opinions from people who chose not to seal their natural stone. But, we chose not to seal our OK flagstone coping or waterfall. Starting season 4 now and have no regrets in not sealing. Our builder who has built pools in DFW for 30 years recommended against sealing and his personal pool with flagstone coping and stone waterfall is not sealed.

Wow, I guess I should have done a search for other threads on this subject. My bad. So you haven't sealed your rock or coping and you have had no issues so far? The builder warned me that I would likely get white stains on the rock around the fountains/waterfall features if I didn't seal them. I'm leaning toward the sealing, but am open to opinions on this as well. However, I was looking for input on products to use. I will do a forum search and see if I can dig up some old threads as well.

There are also a lot of threads discussing the Dupont and other products specifically. We have never had any white stains anywhere. That is a chemical/water balance issue. Sealing them won't stop the stains from appearing, it will just get on the sealer. Have fun reading :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.