Shawnee/KS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
Pool construction was completed at the end of last season. We are now trying to complete the electrical before the pool is opened this week. I would like to use a timer to control the pump and SWG. However, since we have bubblers in the wet deck I'm not sure which timer would work best. Would one of the Intermatic mechanical timers found at Lowes work? I can't tell if these would have the manual override to allow us to activate the pump to start the bubblers.

Thank you

The Mechanical Intermatic timers are near bulletproof and have a lever you can throw to turn the pump on/off whenever you want (with one caveat ... if the time happens to be very close to where the pin would trip the lever off, you can not manually turn it on due to mechanical interference).

I have an intermatic T104R. It lets you switch it on and off manually whenever you want. When the timer gets back to whatever time you have it set for it will turn it back off on its own. I think they all have that feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the quick replies. To follow up on this. Is there any problem with installing the timer, SWG and light control pannels indoors? We have a finished basement and our pool equipment is located just outside and adjacent to our main breaker box.

I have the T101PCD82 http://www.intermatic.com/en/Produc...icalSwitches/24Hour/T100Series/T101PCD82.aspx

Intermatic mechanical timers are the way to go. They are limited to 1 hour separations between ON/OFF but I can't think of a reason I'd ever need it closer together than that.

You could certainly install them indoors but that wouldn't be very user friendly. For normal daily usage I'm sure that would be fine, but during start up, cleaning other duties where you want control of the pool, by or within sight of the pool, that would be a pain.

We have a walk out basement with windows facing the pool where the controls would be mounted. No windows facing the pool equipment. Would this be ok or is it best to keep the timer outside with pump & SWG?

Thanks,

I too have the dual Intermatic mechanical timer and it has been pretty good except for the freeze protection switches. I've had two failed switches in the past 8 years. Second failure was this winter and very costly.

Electrical is now finished. I had the controls for the SWG, lights and timer installed in our finished basement. A on/off switch was also installed outside near the pump and SWG.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.