Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Store

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Store

Just visited the local pool store I used to frequent almost weekly during swim season until I discovered TFP.com last year

I had to pick up some Metal Magic.
    Had been over a year since my last visit to the store.

They had installed brand new fancy automatic sliding doors and granite countertops throughout the store.
    Very nice!

Can't tell you how elated I was to not have contributed to the funding of this new remodel (!)

Was discussing my water chemistry with the counter person with relation to metals/Metal Magic use - and, she must have mentioned the word "shock" eight times.

Certainly ecstatic to be free of the pool store shackles forever!!
    20K gal, IG vinyl, 1 1/2 HP Hayward Super Pump , 100lb sand, installed 2000 - new liner/filter/pump March 2014
    TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Store

Well, it's nice to see that that pool store owner is adding to the customer experience rather than just letting customers help pay for his boat
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    Well, it's nice to see that that pool store owner is adding to the customer experience rather than just letting customers help pay for his boat
    true that - and, without revealing too much, we may have experience with the very SAME pool store my fellow sandlapper
    20K gal, IG vinyl, 1 1/2 HP Hayward Super Pump , 100lb sand, installed 2000 - new liner/filter/pump March 2014
    TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Oooh, secret.

I like Granite tops and Boats...what's wrong with that?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem