Pool Movie Theater

I'm not at all jealous! Honest.

At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself. :( Gorgeous setup that I'm sure the kids will LOVE!!!

pretty freakin sweet, right?!? :p

OK - here goes...

Carl's Place for the 16 foot x 9 foot screen. I bought the 'kit' they sell - the screen is finished with grommets and the kit includes the corner hardware and bungee cords. You go to homedepot and get the steel conduit (a 10 foot stick is like $7) Highly recommend Carl's Place; good product.

I've installed a set of sailboat blocks (pulleys) and run them off to the right of the screen to a cleat. So, I can assemble the conduit and corner hardware on the pavers, hoist up a little, bungee the screen, hoist more, attach the vertical conduit, bungee some, hoist more...and so on. Reverse order on bringing it down.

I ran power and HDMI to the location where I mount the projector and attached the HDMI to a 2x2 Matrix Switcher that allows me to change from my cablebox to the bluray without moving cables. Installed a set of Polk Atrium 6 speakers...running speaker wire out to them.
Got a decent Epson projector...1080p, of course...;)

This is one. Happy. Guy.

That's great. I too have an outdoor set up and didn't know how it would look with the projector on the opposite side of the pool, now I know...GREAT! achristie76, you have me wanting a 16x9 screen. I "only" have a 120". I have a 720p projector. The 1080 must be awesome with the Blu Ray!
Do you do anything fun for invitations? Trying to come up with something clever.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.