Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool Movie Theater

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Movie Theater

Finally got this up and running!

MovieScreen.jpg

MovieON.jpg
    ~Adam 12K gal free-form pool with spa, Hayward EcoStart VS pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, Hayward C17502 filter, Hayward Heat PumpPro 140k BTU, Stonescapes minipebble. tf-100 & speedstir.
    5.5 foot retaining wall. Build completed in Feb 2015.
    East Central FL.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Movie Theater

I'm not at all jealous! Honest.

At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself. Gorgeous setup that I'm sure the kids will LOVE!!!

3. Back To Top    #3

We need....DETAILS!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, I suppose that might have been worth the effort. Maybe.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

pretty freakin sweet, right?!?

OK - here goes...

Carl's Place for the 16 foot x 9 foot screen. I bought the 'kit' they sell - the screen is finished with grommets and the kit includes the corner hardware and bungee cords. You go to homedepot and get the steel conduit (a 10 foot stick is like $7) Highly recommend Carl's Place; good product.

I've installed a set of sailboat blocks (pulleys) and run them off to the right of the screen to a cleat. So, I can assemble the conduit and corner hardware on the pavers, hoist up a little, bungee the screen, hoist more, attach the vertical conduit, bungee some, hoist more...and so on. Reverse order on bringing it down.

I ran power and HDMI to the location where I mount the projector and attached the HDMI to a 2x2 Matrix Switcher that allows me to change from my cablebox to the bluray without moving cables. Installed a set of Polk Atrium 6 speakers...running speaker wire out to them.
    Got a decent Epson projector...1080p, of course...

This is one. Happy. Guy.
    ~Adam 12K gal free-form pool with spa, Hayward EcoStart VS pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, Hayward C17502 filter, Hayward Heat PumpPro 140k BTU, Stonescapes minipebble. tf-100 & speedstir.
    East Central FL.

6. Back To Top    #6

Sweet!!!!

13K gal, IG pebble, 2 HP Jandy ePump VSD, Jandy cartridge filter, Spa, Jandy 250 btu heater, UV, Ozone, Dolphine M4 cleaner. Built in 2014

7. Back To Top    #7

Yeah, that is crazy cool. And the picture looks good all the way from Texas!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

That's great. I too have an outdoor set up and didn't know how it would look with the projector on the opposite side of the pool, now I know...GREAT! achristie76, you have me wanting a 16x9 screen. I "only" have a 120". I have a 720p projector. The 1080 must be awesome with the Blu Ray!
    Do you do anything fun for invitations? Trying to come up with something clever.
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

9. Back To Top    #9

Green with envy!!!!!!!!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

10. Back To Top    #10

That's neat!!!

26,000 IG, pebble tec, flagstone, pentair Triton II TR100 sand filter & VS+SVRS 3hp multi-speed pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Booster Cleaner, spillover spa, waterfall, Taylor K-2006 testkit
    [It is better to know how to learn, than to know. - Dr. Seuss[/I]

11. Back To Top    #11

please provide woodyp details, so he can buy me one for my birthday.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    please provide woodyp details, so he can buy me one for my birthday.
    ........you may have to settle for a cold beer there DD!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

13. Back To Top    #13

Looks great
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

14. Back To Top    #14

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

15. Back To Top    #15

That is too cool! How often does your family watch TV out there?
    Replastered 2015: Sunstone Quartz Midnight Blue 16x32 rectangular gunite with in-pool spa....18,000 gallons. Autopilot Total Control System with SWG and acid pump. Pentair Clean & Clear 420. Auto cover. TF-100.

16. Back To Top    #16

That works too!

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    ........you may have to settle for a cold beer there DD!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by PoolESQ View Post
    That is too cool! How often does your family watch TV out there?
    Just finished it this past weekend...but we'll likely use it most weekends. We back up to some Florida woods, and like the view, which is why i built it easy-up and easy-down.
    East Central FL.

18. Back To Top    #18

Does it have to be super dark to see? Or just like at dusk?
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

19. Back To Top    #19

I hate soggy popcorn!!!!!
    24' Round AGP

20. Back To Top    #20

That's awesome, how far is the projector away from the screen? How close can a projector be and still provide a good picture?

Wayne
    24'X54" Round 15,000 Gallon Pool
    Pentair SD-60 Sand Filter With 1.5HP Pump & Center Floor Drain
    Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister
    New TFPC User And Couldn't Be Happier
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = A Perfect Trouble Free Pool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast