Multi-port valve replacement

Jojo70

Apr 28, 2015
Lumberton, nj
We have been battling our Americana MPV for years, we have tried glue and no glue on the spider gasket and it doesn't seem to work. The valve has probably reached its lifespan. It needs a new spring I never found one I understand Hayward bought Americana. Each time after working on the valve water leaks between settings, for example filter to pool and some will leak out to backwash. How difficult is it to get a valve with the same orientation? Are they uniform? After removing the old valve do you use slip unions to join the PVC? I apologize if this is covered extensively in prior posts I am not the greatest at navigating with computers and tried a search and didn't come up with anything.
Thanks for any help
Joe

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

I am not familiar with Americana valves, Joe.

My bet is the orientation will be identical to Pentair or Hayward. If I remember correctly, the Pentair and Hayward valves have half-unions on them and will simply thread on to the filter body.

Others may be able to help you more than I.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.