Testing the tap - safe to bathe?

I'll just jump in to say, Don't feel to bad about feeling confused and/or overwhelmed at this point. Just start practicing the testing, and when the time comes start dosing in increments and the more you do it, the more comfortable you'll become with it.

X 2 on Bama's comment, none of us were born knowing this stuff. You'll find this to be quite easy before you know it. It happens like that with everyone. Just take little bites at a time. Slow and steady, you'll be very comfy with all of it I promise.

You guys are the best! I wish I was out testing pools today instead of working. Normally I work from home - but the Head of our organization is in ICU and I am working from his room today. Good times. Not a lot of work is going to get done - so . . . I guess I will read more old posts! :)

Hey guys - I just re-watched the videos on testing and I have a question. It says keep adding drops until no further color change is noted. I am using the auto-stirrer thing - and I am waiting a couple seconds between drops to make sure it is mixed properly.

So, lets say I am doing the Calcium Hardness test.
Add the stuff and it turns red - it is on the stirrer - I drop in 6 drops and it still red. 7 drops and it is blue. 8 drops and it is still the same color blue. Do I count that as 7 drops or 8?

ok perfect! That is what I did . . . but I started questioning it.

So - if I add 6 drops no change, 7 drops it goes blue, 8 drops it gets even darker blue, 9 drops no change - then I am at 8?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.