Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
i cant find this info anywhere, the only thing in the manual says to wire it to the same terminals the pump is attached to.. Makes sense if I only had a 1 speed.... I am installing a 2 speed pump/motor... I can connect it to another timer slot but if the time ever got off or i changed the amount of time the pump ran that would be bad...

can I wire it to both legs of the high and low side so it pulls power whenever they are on?

I will not be wiring it but my electrician has never done 1 before...

Thanks

Where is your switch that controls the pump speed?

I am not clear what your setup is. Do you have a timer that only turns the pump on and then you manually select the speed?

well I guess that would help... :)

This is a new install

I will be connecting the following to Intermatic PE653RC Wireless Control System

Super Flo 2 speed 340042 and the CircuPool SJ45 Salt System

I have found the info to wire the pump in here http://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/...ool-spa-control-system-for-2-speed-motor.aspx

The pictures below show how to wire the pump, but I cant find any info on how to wire the SJ45 in...

1_2-Speed_wiring_terminals.gif

5_2S%20Pump.png

thanks for the help

Hmmm ... I may have to look at how that timer actually works. Ideally you want both legs to the pump to be switched on and off and not have the common to the pump coming off the breaker like you show in the drawing.

Here is the manual: http://www.intermatic.com/~/media/I...a/Electronic_Controls/MultiWave/MultiWave.pdf

There might be a clever way to run the SWG of another switch if the controller thinks it is a booster pump. A quick look through the manual I did not really see an easy way for the SWG to run on both high and low speed.

Are you sure you want the timer to control both speeds? The only common case where you want to do that is if you have a pool cleaner that is powered by the main pool pump. Most people are better off with a manual switch to change speeds.

If you do want to use the timer to control both speeds, you need to pick one speed or the other to power the SWG. Typically you pick low speed, as that is the one that normally runs the most.

Maybe you can make the 8/9 terminal be a slave to the pump circuits to switch when either 1 or 2 is active ... the manual is not very clear on the programming details. Then you could wire the SWG to terminal 9.

so I thought I was just missing something, it is not really "easy" to program this thing, the manual does not explain it very well...

I have thought about everything you all have said.. it seems like a good timer but it does not spell out exactly how to wire in a SWG, it does not even mention one.. It has a remote that came with it and I was going to use button 1 (high speed) when I needed to vacuum, circulate in chem's.. Basically to use manually..

low speed will be the only one I use on a timer to circulate and filter. I think I will be wiring like this, Connect SWG to pin 2 and pin 4, for Low speed

I will be using pins 8 and 9 for low voltage lights

Is it bad to have the common coming off the breaker like this, they have all of the connections for 240V doing it this way? is it not safe? is there a better way to connect everything?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.