Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trying To Fix Pool Issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Trying To Fix Pool Issues

I went into the pool store the other day because my water was a little cloudy. They tested my sample with a Taylor kit and told my that I had 0FC and that I needed to shock. My CYA at the time was 99 Which is high already and after the Shock it went up to 115. After the shock my pool is super cloudy and I cant even see my Polaris at the bottom of the deep end. What should I so?

Tested Today

FC-0 (after 3 bags of Leslies Power Powder)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Trying To Fix Pool Issues

Welcome to TFP!!!.

1. Stop going to the pool store
    2. Order one of the Recommended Test Kits.
    3. Replace 1/3 of your water while waiting for the test kit since your CYA is not too high. You may need to replace 1/3 a few times as you do not know how high the CYA really is.
    4. Start learning about pool chemistry while waiting for the test kit:
    ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool
    5. Perform a full set of test results with your new kit and post the results.
    6. Follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process to clear up your pool and take control.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Trying To Fix Pool Issues

Hi, welcome to TFP!

Please update your signature as shown here.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach