second filter inline with SWG

heazim

Apr 27, 2015
talkeetna, Alaska
I know there is a similar post, but I have a variation on my questions. I want to have an automatic crawler(or use a vacuum) that vacuums the bottom of the pool. I want the debris to go into a filter system that can handle larger debris. I prefer to change a basket rather than keep paying for new cartridges. This system would be inline before an Intex SWG cartridge filter/pump.

Any recommendations?

Also setting up a solar water heater system on a by-pass system around the SWG. Can use a 1/2hp pump for this line.

If I can't use a basket and must use a cartridge, are people cleaning the cartridges and reusing them?

I have an Intex easy set above ground 1100 gal pool.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

- Use a leaf canister in the cleaner hose to catch the debris.
- No idea about solar pump sizing because we do not know that solar system you are installing. Realize that DIY will never be as cheap or efficient as buying the pool solar panels.
- Getting a reusable Unicel filter is a huge improvement over the junk Intex cartridges.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.