Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: second filter inline with SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

talkeetna, Alaska

Smile second filter inline with SWG

I know there is a similar post, but I have a variation on my questions. I want to have an automatic crawler(or use a vacuum) that vacuums the bottom of the pool. I want the debris to go into a filter system that can handle larger debris. I prefer to change a basket rather than keep paying for new cartridges. This system would be inline before an Intex SWG cartridge filter/pump.

Any recommendations?

Also setting up a solar water heater system on a by-pass system around the SWG. Can use a 1/2hp pump for this line.

If I can't use a basket and must use a cartridge, are people cleaning the cartridges and reusing them?

I have an Intex easy set above ground 1100 gal pool.
    intex easy set, 1100 gal, Intex Krystal Clear SWG cartridge filter/pump, really cold water

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: second filter inline with SWG

Welcome to TFP!!!

- Use a leaf canister in the cleaner hose to catch the debris.
    - No idea about solar pump sizing because we do not know that solar system you are installing. Realize that DIY will never be as cheap or efficient as buying the pool solar panels.
    - Getting a reusable Unicel filter is a huge improvement over the junk Intex cartridges.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!