New pool owner

I just bought the Taylor k2006 kit and made the following measurements:

PH - 7.6

TA - 80

CH - 230

FC - 5

CC - .5

CYA - 90

I want to know if i have to make any adjustments. My previous Cya was 200, I changed 2/3 of the pool water, and brought it down to 90, pool is clear and sparkling.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

How did you get a CYA of 87ppm? The test is not that precise.
You FC is too low for that CYA, you need to maintain a MINIMUM of 7ppm for that high CYA. See the FC/CYA Chart.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Welcome to TFP!!

Yes, with 90 CYA (there is no 87 on the Taylor tube) your FC shlould never be below 7 and you should target at least 10 to make sure it doesn't

I need to know a little more about your pool to assess the other numbers.
It would help us if you would add the following information to your signature

• The size of your pool in gallons
  • If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
  • If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
  • The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the brand and model of the filter.
  • If you know, please tell us the brand and model of the pump, and mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.
  • Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.
  • What kind/model of water test kit you are using
  • Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Using liquid chlorine from now on, might switch to Clorox bleach, stopped using the tabs, that's what drove the CYA so high, Plus using Clorox super shock.

- - - Updated - - -

I stupidly bought those strips before I bought the K2006
Stick with the K2006, the strips are not worth anything. Sorry to say, the Clorox super shock is also a bad purchase. It is also adding CYA to your pool.

How much Pool School have you read? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.