Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New and very interested in BBB Method

1. Back To Top    #1

New and very interested in BBB Method

I'm still learning about the BBB method and have questions..

1 Does the BBB method apply to jacuzzi's as well?
    2 As far as water testing, is it the same for jacuzzi's?
    - If so, what happens when the jacuzzi spills into the pool? Will my reading change?
    3 How long after pool is built, can i begin to use the BBB method?

Thanks

P.S. Waterbear, your pool is so clear, very nice!!!!! Do you use the BBB method?? Any advice to get my future pool this clear would be appreciated! Thank You..
    18K gallon IG pool and separate 1200 Gallon IG spa - Both have: Diamond Brite Plaster- Hayward DE Filter -Propane heater- renovated 8/2008

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New and very interested in BBB Method

Using BBB with a standalone hot tub/jacuzzi is similar, but not the same as using BBB with a pool. But if the hot tub/jacuzzi shares water with the pool then it is the same as for a pool alone.

You can start using BBB right away. There is no 30 day wait as there is for fresh plaster with a SWG.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Do you collect test on the pool and the jacuzzi, or do i just test the pool since it will spill over anyway's?

By adding chemicals to the jacuzzi, will this offset the chemicals in the pool due to spillage into the pool?
    18K gallon IG pool and separate 1200 Gallon IG spa - Both have: Diamond Brite Plaster- Hayward DE Filter -Propane heater- renovated 8/2008

4. Back To Top    #4

For a standard combined system you run in spillover mode at least one hour a day and treat it as one body of water, which means only test and add chemicals to the pool and let the circulation take care of the hot tub/jacuzzi.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School