Booster Pump for Slide

Have several questions.

I have a 18x36 inground pool and am planning to add a slide. I realize that I need a booster pump to get the adequate pressure and gpm.

If I add this booster pump to the 1" pool slide line I have plumbed that is a branch off of the 1 1/2" return line after leaving the heater, I want to know how to control the pump. So, the main pump needs to be on for this pump to work and I don't want the slide on all the time, so wondering how you all have done this?

boosterlinet.gif

Well, currently when I open the valve on the line that is plumbed to the area where the slide will go, it flows about 6" in the air. To clarify; I have this 1" pipe stubbed out of the concrete decking, from this point I will need to plumb it up 7' to the top of the slide.

Does the slide you are purchasing have a recommended water flow? I'd check the docs for it first, that may be a good starting point. The slide we've got has a dedicated 2hp pump that pushes over 100gpm over it, but that is well more than it needs.

The 1" pipe you've got is probably all it will need, the 7 extra feet will likely make little difference.

Thanks for replying all.

This slide is a rotomolded plastic slide intended for a play set that i plan to mount to my nearby deck and run pex from the 1" pipe stub at the conc deck to the top and install some sort of fitting to spray the water.

So, pretty much would like to have 10 gpm.

Attached is a pic of the slideimages.jpg

I think I probably have maybe 1GPM for my slide. It is an old Aqua slide I think, not like the newer ones where there is rushing water down the slide. It just needs to stay a little wet so you don't stick and anyway, everyone is already wet from the pool. Just do not go down the slide before you jump in the pool :)

So, would I be better off looking at upgrading my current 1hp pump to a VS or 2 speed of a higher HP? If I added a 2 speed pump, would I still need to change the speed manually to high for the slide to work?

- - - Updated - - -

i forgot to mention that I piped my pool with 2" pipe.

Can you partially close the water flow to the pool which should force more water out of the slide pipe? If mine can pump to the roof, yours should pump up to slide height.

I will try that and i should just run some pex tubing up to where the slide will go to test.

I guess i have been basing my questions on the water spraying upward out of the stub only about 12" when the valve is opened?? After seeing that I was always thinking I won't have enough pressure by the time it gets piped up another 7'

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.