Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA test during SLAM

1. Back To Top    #1
    Charles City, Va

TA test during SLAM

I am using the TF100 test kit for my testing. I have a question about the TA color shift with an FC level of 31.

The test instructions have a note that when there are high levels of chlorine, the initial color may shift to blue or yellow. When I test it goes from green to blue then to yellow but never goes to red. Is my correct TA level when it shifts to blue or when it shifts to yellow? I have several other test kits that all say my TA is 120, which is the same level when the TF100 test shifts to yellow. No matter how much reagent I add it never goes to red.

My PH is 8.2+ but, I realize that may not be accurate because of the ongoing SLAM.
    32 X 16 inground, 17260 gallons, Vinyl Liner, Triton II TR-60 filter,
    Sta-Rite 1hp pump Model #MPRA6E-147L, CircuPool SI-30 Plus SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: TA test during SLAM

It's working. High FC messes with the colors. green>pink becomes blue>yellow. Otherwise, no difference in how to run it. Why are you even bothering with that? During the SLAM, you concentrate on FC & CC. Everything else can be fixed in an afternoon once the water is clear and algae-free.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!