Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Re: Chlorine pucks / tabs without stabilizer / CYA

1. Back To Top    #1

Re: Chlorine pucks / tabs without stabilizer / CYA

Does anyone know if they ever made an chlorine pucks for a chlorinator? I don't want to use them due to some posters talking about how all of them increase your CYA.

Would a good alternative (and probably cheaper) be to just pour in about some liquid bleach from walmart every night for the 15' above ground I am considering buying?

I was trying to figure it out in pool math section but I think that section only shows you how to get to a 'target' number if you have a problem. Would anyone know how many oz daily or every 2 days to add of bleach to a 5500 gal above ground pool. Thanks all!
    Gallons: 3500 Gallons
    Pool: Intex 14'x42" Round Metal Frame
    Filter: 1000 GPH Cartridge Filter (Came with pool)
    Using Intex Saltwater Generator

2. Back To Top    #2

We think so, because it enables you to have tight reigns on your water balance. There are other things to control....Parameters like Cya (stabilizer). As for the dose, and other things you'll need to look at, there are tools like Pool Math and Information in Pool School.

Start in Pool School with The ABCs and work your way through. We will be here to answer questions, so ask all you like.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Here is a handy link, How to Chlorinate Your Pool
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach