Go Away Rain!

I know how you feel about the rain delays! I felt like our dig delay was forever, but things will work out. Our dig, Rebar, stub out, and Gunite were all done with at least sprinkle rains. And we keep having rain delays. At this rate, my Gunite shell will be filled with rain water before time for the plaster!

And after the gunite, you'll appreciate the rain! Hang in there! Suz.

They are just now putting in the forms today. I expected to be done in May, but if this rain keeps up, it'll be June.

On a positive note, I was doublechecking diving board prices online last night before I ordered one. For the heck of it, I decided to check craigslist, even though there hasn't been a diving board for sale there in months. Someone had put up an SR Smith Flyte deck and a used 6' board/spring base just a few hours before I checked. I'll be saving a ton of cash, plus I'll have a spare deck to swap out if I don't like the spring deck.

This is our first full swimming season, so it's disappointing we haven't gotten to use it too often with all the rain. However, considering our source lake is full for the first time in years, I think it's a worthy sacrifice. :)

I just got the board/spring base and the SR Smith deck. The board turns out to be a 6' Aquaboard, made by Aquaslide N Dive of Brownsville Texas, probably in the 80s. The board is in good shape, just needs some touch up paint and stain cleaning.

Anyone have an Aquaslide board or slide? Looks like they went bankrupt in the 80s but were popular in Texas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.