Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: changing intex through wall fittings

1. Back To Top    #1

Rocky Point, NC

changing intex through wall fittings

If this is the wrong place I apologize. I have a 16x48 intex with the small inlet/outlet fittings. I also have had given to me the larger through wall fittings. How hard would it be to change them and what is the best way to do it. I currently have the adapters with plunger valves. My pump is a Hayward super pump with a 3/4 hp motor, and a 200 lb sand filter and a through wall skimmer. Any pics or advice would be helpful.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: changing intex through wall fittings

I've read about people doing this and it sounds easy. Search a bit more on this site, I'm sure there are posts on this.
    Intex 12'x24'x52"
    8,403 gallons
    Intex SF60110 2450 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex CS8110 SWG
    Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40

3. Back To Top    #3

there's a how to tutorial on this with step by step instructions by a member, just search, good info
    16 'x 48" Metal Frame Intex 5065 gallons, 14 Inch sand filter,Hayward Skimmer SP1091LX Dynaskim, Test Kit TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide
    Sierra Vista, Az

The link Richard posted is the one I followed. I ordered 2 extra gaskets so I could have one on the inside and one one on the outside of the pool wall. You want to make sure that you get it trimmed up good or you will have a leak on refill. I had to drain water back down and trim edges. Essentially you are pretty much cutting out the reinforced black on the inside of the pool. Trace the inside of the gasket and cut to the outside of the line.

- - - Updated - - -

I also wanted to add that if you are considering a thru the wall skimmer also you should do it the same time so you don't have to lower your water to do that too. I will be adding mine once I finish my slam process. I have a over the wall but it can be a pain.
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process