Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: One of two lights doesn't work

1. Back To Top    #1

One of two lights doesn't work

Hello All...

Hope you're all getting into your pools!

Does anyone know much about the Jandy WaterColors LED lights? I have a fairly standard install, with the big light in the deep end of the pool of the smaller light in the spa. The spa light isn't working. Often it doesn't turn on with the system. Other times it flashes one of the blue color options.

The big light works fine. Cycles through all colors and sequences on command.

I'm guessing the small light is bad. I can't get it to resync as per the instructions.

Can I replace this on my own or do I need an electrician/pool professional? Do I need to drain the spa first, or can this be replaced with water present?

Thanks everybody!
    11,800 gallon diamond-brite in-ground pool with second-level 5 ft. diameter spa.
    Jandy DEV48 D.E. filter / Jandy AquaPure 700 SWG with AquaLink RS and PDA Controls
    Jandy Stealth SHMP 1.5 pump / Jandy EEiT EE2000T Solar/Electric Heater.
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool is inside a screened enclosure in South Florida.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: One of two lights doesn't work

If you are feeling a bit DIY then replacing a light fixture is something most people can take on. This can be done without draining. The mildly challenging part is pulling the new wire through the conduit.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School