Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Houston, TX (jeffc2112)

1. Back To Top    #1

Katy, TX

Hello from Houston, TX (jeffc2112)

Hey y'all, happy to have found TFP, the forum, the helpful info, and great people/advice!

I moved to Katy, outside Houston, last year, and have been challenged with this pool. Seemed to start getting green after just a couple days, and the filters were clogging constantly. Pool store and local pros had no ideas... But the TFP forum knew right away that it was algae clogging the filters and how to fix it. So, I got my test kit ordered, and ready to SLAM it next week. Hope to keep the chemistry correct moving forward, since that is what started my problems a year or more ago...

Thanks all, great to meet you!

Katy (Houston, TX) - 15,000 gallon In Ground free form kidney shaped 30'x15' pool with Pebble surface. Spa - 8' round with waterfall. Hayward Swimclear Cartridge filter (not sure which model though - maybe C3025?). Pleatco replacement cartridges x 4, 1.5HP Hayward Century Pump, Hayward Booster Pump (model 6060). Chlorine tab dispenser, which I won't be using. Polaris cleaner. TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Hello from Houston, TX (jeffc2112)

Welcome to TFP!!!

You have made the right first steps toward a perfect pool season
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Hi, welcome to TFP! Congrats on maintaining your pool TFPC-style.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Friendswood, TX

Hi Jeff! Welcome and congrats on finding the site.
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here

5. Back To Top    #5
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP! By already ordering a good test kit, you are showing that you're a quick learner.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6
    SW PA

Welcome to TFP.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter