Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA and Temp

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA and Temp

I have searched he website about CYA and temp. I understand that low water temps can give false low CYA readings. What about the other way around? My pool is 87 degrees and I am testing CYA at that temp. Does testing at this temp affect the CYA?

Thanks
    Joe
    Indoor Endless Pool (IG). Aug 2012, 5200 Gal. Vinyl, Pleatco PWW10-M filters, Gecko controller, Laing pump, TFT 100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CYA and Temp

No. The low water temp just slows down the reaction when mixing the reagent, so if you do not let the water warm up, you may get false readings.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I keep reading low water temps may result in low CYA readings, but no mention of below what temp is considered low?

Anyone?
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004

4. Back To Top    #4

I see mention of room temperature. So, I would think below 70 might start to introduce issues. Note, if you let the water warm up there is no problem.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    I see mention of room temperature. So, I would think below 70 might start to introduce issues. Note, if you let the water warm up there is no problem.
    Thanks.
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004