Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi from Europe

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi from Europe

Hi TFP world,

I'm in France and I love your site - full of useful info. Only problem for me, is that a lot of the information is about American equipment and supplies - but the chemistry still works over here.

I worked for a French pool building company for 4 years and must have made about 45 pools in that time, mostly concrete filled plastic shuttering and liner type. Now I'm a self employed builder, who occasionally does a bit of pool work (including our own pools 4m x 11m and 2.5m x 5m).

So, any other Europeans out there? Maybe we can start a Euro section, or have I missed a Euro site like this one out there?

All the best to you all,

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Hi from Europe

Hi, welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Welcome to TFP!!!

I would doubt you will find a pool forum this large and active over in Europe. I am not really sure what would be gained by having a special section though. As you said the chemistry is the same and the recommendations are the same. Based on the people we see posting, I think a special section would be kind of a ghost town.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Welcome! I'd love to see a picture of your pool
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

5. Back To Top    #5
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6
    SW PA

Welcome. Pics would be great!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7
    Laveen (Phoenix), AZ

Welcome David. What part of France are you in?
    10.5K IG gunnite pool with micro-pebble finish in Caribbean blue with Baja step. Haywood main filter with Perry's Pool Pump 1hp motor. Jandy CL-340 cartridge filter. Circupool RJ30 SWG system. TF100 test kit with Speedstir. Floating beer cooler.

8. Back To Top    #8
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

I've often thought there should be a forum for non-US people. Test kits are different. Regulations restrict the size and strength of bleach. Much of our advice is useless to Europeans, and for that matter, Asians.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!