Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No free shipping from TFTestkits.net ?

1. Back To Top    #1

No free shipping from TFTestkits.net ?

Am I loosing it (OK, I know I am), or did I see that TFTestkits.net had free S/H for orders over certain amount?
    I could have sworn that I saw that orders over $80 IIRC shipped for free.
    I was trying to place an order last night and didn't see that option and my S/H was going to be $18.
    I got used to Amazons and eBays with it's free S/H on many (almost any) items. Even many pool supply places have free shipping on anything and some have the $75.

I will call them on Monday to check, but figured I'll ask here since it's the weekend.
    Viking fiberglass Island Breeze II (16'x40'x8'); Pentair pump/filter/heater/chlorinator; IntelliTouch with iX+3; Autelis.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No free shipping from TFTestkits.net ?

That was a promotion. It ended April 15, I believe. You should have a discount code since you're a website supporter. That's shave a few bucks.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh, ****!
    I didn't order it because my pool is not done yet.
    ****!
    Viking fiberglass Island Breeze II (16'x40'x8'); Pentair pump/filter/heater/chlorinator; IntelliTouch with iX+3; Autelis.

4. Back To Top    #4

Why do you keep typing all those asterisks?

The TF100 and a troublefree pool is a bargain at the twice the price.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I have always been VERY old-fashioned about promotions. If it is free shipping 365 days a year (or 88% off 365 days a year, or whatever) it really isn't a promo and obviously it is not "free".......it's in there somewhere......the merchant is simply calling it something else or working it into his costs.

The Free Shipping promo was truly that in our case......really free. That said, it had to have an expiration date or it wouldn't have been a promo. Same with our complete refill set. We promo it for a limited time and then it goes back to it's regular price.

I know I am a bit of a dinosaur but I really like the idea of a sale being a sale and not just a re-wording of the everyday price.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Very well said. I love it!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

+1 on that! Very few real sales nowadays. Free shipping every day definitely means the shipping cost is in the price.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Mario P

BTW, Richard 320 is right. Because you are a TFP Lifetime Supporter, you should have had emailed to you a $10 discount code if you decide to get the kit.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

Yeap, got the code, was hoping to get that and the free shipping.
    I'll call them tomorrow and see if they can help brotha out. If not, I'll still place the order

10. Back To Top    #10

**** = Darn!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Why do you keep typing all those asterisks?

The TF100 and a troublefree pool is a bargain at the twice the price.
    +1!!!!

It amazes me people will spend $$$$$ + on a pool but hesitate to spend $$ on the most important tool a pool owner needs.
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004