Ocala, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
The conduit on the back of the light niche had been sealed up (I guess from a old leak) . Should I chip out some of the old epoxy and put some new in there, since the pool is empty for remodel. Thank you

Yikes!! Absolutely break it free now. If you do not you would not be able to change the fixture unless you drained the pool again.

Is that a bonding lug (unused) underneath the fixture cord?

JasonLion could be right but the lack of a bonding wire to that lug (if I'm seeing it right) is because they epoxied the wrong thing. The epoxy should have gone on the connection to the bonding wire......which appears to be non-existent.

There should be no epoxy on the niche/conduit connection.

We have found many screwy things since the pool was drained Monday. I was losing about 1/2 inch a day. With the small gap in the epoxy around the wire, I was thinking that might be part of the lost and might be better to reseal it now than later. Should I put some around the lug also? Thank you for you help!

Unless this is a low voltage light, there are supposed to be two wires coming out of the conduit: the main power wire you have now, and also a smaller wire that gets connected to that terminal on the light niche. The connection to the terminal is supposed to be epoxied, but with no wire present there is no point in epoxying the terminal.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.