outdoor kitchen build in Phoenix, AZ

Jul 20, 2012
I'm in the process of buying a house that has a built in island... However the owners are taking it. I think it won't move well but whatever..

The current island runs on a propane tank so location of my new island will be up for grabs. I've had a couple built ins but never built one myself. It will be a slow process as I work away from from home and have a few days a month to actually work on it starting next month.

Here is what I am working on doing and a few pics of the yard.

I of course want the grill, probably a 3-4 burner. A fridge, a drawer set up, a cabinet, a fire area on the counter, a sink and maybe an ice been that can be filled from the top. Oh and a single burner and build my smoker into the island somehow.

The size of the poured concrete is not enough currently. I def. Will need a larger pad. Then I'll fine tune the location and shape.

I'm starting from scratch building my own frame out of steel studs.

First things is shape, location and design.... Enjoy the journey..

IMG_20150421_124449_zpsqyuajlhs.jpg

IMG_20150421_124424_zpsm8qruysh.jpg

IMG_20150415_173420762_zpsoxf1v32i.jpg

Lois like you have a nice area to work with. From the day I started mine to the deal on the concrete was about 6 months. But I enjoy people saying it looks great when they are over without knowing I built it. Also the fact that it turned out a LOT cheaper then using a contractor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.