Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on pool deck furniture....

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice on pool deck furniture....

Looking for loungers or furniture conducive to sun tanning..... and coolers..... Any advice?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advice on pool deck furniture....

I'm a Costco kind of guy. They always have nice web loungers this time of year at. A great price. I picked up one last year and love it.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Stay away from the Lowes stuff. First set started to chip pretty bad after a year and surprisingly they replaced it after about 2nd year. Now the replacement set, which is a different style, is not fairing all that well. Faded and chipping. Surprisingly the fabric on the chairs has held up on both sets very well, just the finish on the metal is ****.

One of umbrellas also broke. There is a push button pin that allows it to tilt, it had sheered and now the umbrella is in permanent tilt without help.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

I forgot, the rest of our patio stuff is made by Tripitone and it is over seven years old and still going strong. It was on the expensive side but has proven to be well worth it.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

If you have a GDC in your area, we got some great teak furniture at ours and it will last forever.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

6. Back To Top    #6

We looked everywhere the first year and ended up getting some temporary chaises and tables at Target. They were cheap like 60-70 bucks and steel for chaises and tables were like 20 bucks. Three years later we still have it all and love it. One of them has a little rust. We are going to swing by Target this spring to see what they have. Don't delay, they only have it for a short time each spring, we missed it last year.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a pic in post 14 of my build link below.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

My advice would be make sure it's made out of aluminum and not steel, the steel rusts!

Wayne
    24'X54" Round 15,000 Gallon Pool
    Pentair SD-60 Sand Filter With 1.5HP Pump & Center Floor Drain
    Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister
    New TFPC User And Couldn't Be Happier
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = A Perfect Trouble Free Pool

8. Back To Top    #8

Lowe my polywood "euro" lounges.
    Lagoon shape, 23,600 Gal, steel walls by International Swimming Pools, "ultra-seam" liner by Latham, Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo 3HP Variable Speed Pump, PentAir CCP420 filter, Heat Siphon Z575HP, PentAir IC40 SWG, 2 LED Lights (Pentair Intellibrite 5G, 110V). 4 x 1.5’’return lines, 2 x 2’’skimmer lines, 1.5’’ waterfall line. All plumbing is "TigerFlex" pipe, all lines plumbed individually. Deck: travertine glued over concrete.

9. Back To Top    #9

I second the aluminum furniture over steel. We bought an aluminum table with six aluminum frame chairs in 2006 and the web fabric of the chairs is just starting to give out this year. It's a shame because the frames are still in great shape but i see no way that would be pratical to repair the fabric on the chairs. I know aluminum is more expensive as we are now looking now to replace the chairs but it's worth it.
    12K gal, custom flipped kidney bean with spillover spa. All Pentair equipment, Whisperflo 1 1/2 HP, 400K BTU heater, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, CCP-320 Cartridge filters, Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner with bootster pump, QuartzScapes in Aruba Sky blue, LED lights and travertine tiles for decking and stones on rear edge for landscaping. TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

10. Back To Top    #10

check out ledge loungers for your sundeck.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-Ledge-Lounger
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

11. Back To Top    #11

I am starting to look for some too - would love to hear more. I need 2 chaise-type lounge chairs for the tanning ledge - I am worried about the types of materials I can use on my Pebble Sheen - I sure don't want to damage that.

I would LOVE one of the SunLoungers mentioned in the link above - but I do NOT have $600+ for EACH. Seriously? What do NORMAL people use on their tanning ledge.
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaby View Post
    I am starting to look for some too - would love to hear more. I need 2 chaise-type lounge chairs for the tanning ledge - I am worried about the types of materials I can use on my Pebble Sheen - I sure don't want to damage that.

I would LOVE one of the SunLoungers mentioned in the link above - but I do NOT have $600+ for EACH. Seriously? What do NORMAL people use on their tanning ledge.
    Thats the retail price. PB should be abe to bring the price down signifcantly, I've heard of PB's including them as a gift as part of the pool build. I would definitly ask PB. Never hurts to ask, mention that your hubby is a Veteran.
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

13. Back To Top    #13

Seriously? I would have NEVER thought about that!!!!!!!! Soooo going to ask. BUT I think I will wait until the respond to my last email with a million questions comes back. I swear I am not high maintenance - or I wasn't until this pool build.
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

14. Back To Top    #14

After biting the bullet on the ledge loungers for our shelf, I decided to make 4 chaise lounges. $100 in materials for each.
    My last wood shop was in third grade but I can follow insturctions. Design was at Ana White. I stained them a dark walnut.

16'x32' 15,000 gal, 7'x7' Raised Spa, Coverstar Autocover, Stonescapes Mini Pebble - Midnight Blue, Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Mastertemp 400BTU NG Heater, Pentair 420 Sf Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS+, Dolphin Z5, TF-100

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by dcrides View Post
    After biting the bullet on the ledge loungers for our shelf, I decided to make 4 chaise lounges. $100 in materials for each.
    My last wood shop was in third grade but I can follow insturctions. Design was at Ana White. I stained them a dark walnut.

Were you able to get the Ledge Loungers for less than $600. If so where do you get them?
    1200 Sq Ft 41,000 Gal. Gunite, JANDY SVRS VS pump, JANDY JXI 400,000 BTU, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 BP, Rockwall and Grotto (w/6 jets and blower), 2 JANDY Lam Jets, 2 LED Bubblers, 5 Ledlights, AQUALINK P16 RS, 90% Quartz, SWF 185 GMP BP, SWF 125 BP, Levelor K1100 Autofill, AP Digital SWG, 2 skim and 5 returns, and mostly 3 inch piping

16. Back To Top    #16

No, I tried to get the pool builder to rep their product, but they weren't interested.
    16'x32' 15,000 gal, 7'x7' Raised Spa, Coverstar Autocover, Stonescapes Mini Pebble - Midnight Blue, Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Mastertemp 400BTU NG Heater, Pentair 420 Sf Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS+, Dolphin Z5, TF-100

17. Back To Top    #17

We went the much cheaper route before even considering the LL's

Lowes $50each IIRC and sure they aren't the most glamorous but they do the job. Is your backside in the water? not with these thou.

Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by cwescapexlt4x4 View Post
    We went the much cheaper route before even considering the LL's

Lowes $50each IIRC and sure they aren't the most glamorous but they do the job. Is your backside in the water? not with these thou.

How deep is your tanning ledge? I read somewhere - that you can cut the bottoms off of the legs and make these sit lower - since you have some - do you think it would work? I kinda think I would want to be lower.
    ~Wendy

19. Back To Top    #19

I have these and have been pleased so far. I only use them on the deck but I'm sure they would work on a tanning ledge. The 2 bottom legs are easily removed and I read in the reviews that they work well without the legs for those who wish to sit lower. The are completely plastic, just with the wicker look.
    I must also add that I got mine from Amazon for only $260 (2 pack) just a couple of months ago so I'm not sure why they're so much higher now.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by *JLS*; 05-08-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Price
    ​Jennifer
    19k gal, 27' x 54" AG Aqua Leader Saltwater 8000 installed April 2014; Aqua Pro 19" Sand Filter System 1.5-hp Pump; Hayward Aqua Trol Salt Chlorine Generator System; Overlap Boulder Swirl Liner; Polaris 65 Turbo Turtle Automatic Cleaner; TF-100 Testing Kit

20. Back To Top    #20

We have both Brown Jordan and Tropitone which are both powder coated aluminum which will never rust. Both sets are around 12 years old and the frames all are still great. The Tropitone fabric still looks good but the Brown Jordon plastic straps are fading and I may get them re-strapped or by new chairs.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast