Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thoughts on the recommendations?

1. Back To Top    #1

Shallotte, NC

Thoughts on the recommendations?

After a somewhat lengthy ******* contest with GLI about their liner warranty. (They wouldn't warranty the liner if improper chemistry was used, but they wouldn't define proper chemistry...) I just noticed that they had added these recommendations to their website:

pH Daily 7.2 7.6
    Free Chlorine Daily 1.0 2.0 ppm
    Total Alkalinity Weekly 80 120 ppm
    Calcium Hardness Monthly 200 300 ppm
    Stabilizer Monthly 35 60 ppm

The numbers work from a CSI standpoint, but I suspect they were diddled into submission with a faux CH. Their website incorrectly notes that human tears are pH of 7.4. These numbers vary from TFP thoughts a bit and nothing is mentioned of borates. I can't see FC of 2.0 and CYA of 60 ppm ever ending well. Where (or why) did these numbers come from? Thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Thoughts on the recommendations?

That is similar to, but not the same, as two of the common sets of recommendations that tend to appear. I imagine they simply borrowed it from some other source without any detailed consideration.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School