Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help replacing fiber optic lights

1. Back To Top    #1

Help replacing fiber optic lights

I have an underground pool, 15X 30. 4 foot at one end and over 10 feet at the deep end.
    I currently have a broken pool lighting system. The lights are fiber optic. As of today I do not know the diameter of the lights, but I suspect about 1.5 inches. I do plan on getting that information this weekend. Broken, I mean broken! The fiber optic lines have been cut. The external components do not exist.
    What I want is a bright white light underwater. I am looking for recommendations. The lights are at the ends of the pool, 30 feet apart.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Help replacing fiber optic lights

not real familiar with fiber optic lighting for pools, but it sounds like someone stole the light source. I would imagine that the whole system needs to be replaced. I would think that somehow the light units will come out and the new fiber units will thread thru a conduit.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

3. Back To Top    #3

It would probably be best to replace with the same as the original lights. Do you have any information on them at all?
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

I have no idea what brand it is. The light penetrates the pool through a 1.5 in threaded PVC pipe. The fiber optics are ripped and not cleanly cut where the external light once was. I would like to change out the fiber optics for a small LED that I could screw in. I am looking for white only light that is bright. I tried to upload a picture of the damaged fiber optics, but I get errors loading pictures up.