Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North Texas Pool Remodel has started!! (Updates with pics as we go)

1. Back To Top    #1

North Texas Pool Remodel has started!! (Updates with pics as we go)

So we finally got lined up on all of our selections and pool remodel started today.

This is what we started with:

That picture is from last year. Since then we have had the bricks falling off the spa and tiles falling off around the pool.

What we are changing:
    1. Lueders Flagstone coping instead of the bricks.
    2. Blue 4" tiles.
    3. Blue Quartz Plaster
    4. Clean and Clear 530 Filter
    5. 400K BTU Natural Gas Pentair Heater
    6. Tree and planter are the far side of the first picture are coming out. We are bringing down the level of that side as far down as the pool beam allows us to go. That section will be decked like the rest of the deck.
    7. We are rebuilding and extending the fence so that encloses the entire back yard and not just the pool.

Day 1 Pictures

Any suggestions on lights?
    I want to go with:
    Intellibrite 5G for the pool light.
    Glowbrite for the spa light.
    Plano, TX
    20,000 gallons Kidney Bean IG Plaster, Pentair Clean and Clear 530 Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: North Texas Pool Remodel has started!! (Updates with pics as we go)

FUN times! THANKS for letting us come along for the build!

I have no input for the lights. I am sure others will be around soon to give their input!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

That's gonna be great!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Exciting! I think I want our spa raised like yours and a seat under it like that.
    IG ~12000 gallon 1988 freeform pool with IG spa, Hayward equip, Ecostar pump. Remodel done: NPT Arctic 1x2 tile in Lagoon w/ gray thinset & Light Pewter grout, French Gray PebbleSheen w/ grey fittings, Leuders buff eased edge limestone coping w/ Light Buff mortar, buff mastic

5. Back To Top    #5

Subscribing to this one. I can only dream of a redo to my plain ole Grecian style vinyl...I'm just happy to have a pool!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    FUN times! THANKS for letting us come along for the build!

I have no input for the lights. I am sure others will be around soon to give their input!

Kim
    For sure Kimkats. I wouldn't have been able to keep this pool going over the last 7 years without this site.
    Plano, TX
    20,000 gallons Kidney Bean IG Plaster, Pentair Clean and Clear 530 Cartridge Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Day two of work. (going a little slow due to the rain).

First issue, tile was on backorder and had to pick another. This was actually great because the dominating red of the old brick affected our choice. When that brick was gone, we were able to get a better idea of the tile we preferred.

Tree is down and we decided to replace the heater, which wasn't in our initial plan. I have a plumber coming over in the morning to replace some gas pipe that was cracking. You can see the old smokestack heater in the side yard on the first pic.

20150428_172915 by vitry99

20150428_172850 by vitry99

20150428_172809 by vitry99
    Last edited by kriv; 04-28-2015 at 06:37 PM. Reason: 9
    Plano, TX

8. Back To Top    #8

Every thing done is one less thing on the "to do" list!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

when I first saw the pic, (before I read anything), I thought you were gonna say the storms we've had lately blew a tree into your pool and ruined it!
    guess not though!

Keep the pics coming. I especially like remodels!

Quote Originally Posted by kriv View Post
    Day two of work. (going a little slow due to the rain).

First issue, tile was on backorder and had to pick another. This was actually great because the dominating red of the old brick affected our choice. When that brick was gone, we were able to get a better idea of the tile we preferred.

Tree is down and we decided to replace the heater, which wasn't in our initial plan. I have a plumber coming over in the morning to replace some gas pipe that was cracking. You can see the old smokestack heater in the side yard on the first pic.

20150428_172915 by vitry99

20150428_172850 by vitry99

20150428_172809 by vitry99
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

10. Back To Top    #10

This is interesting. Keep the pics coming. Is Blue Quartz a specific color or is it the direction of the color direction you are going for?
    Pool build spring/summer 2015. IG. 750 sq ft pool. 40 sq.ft spa. 18ft x 42ft rectangle, 31,000 gallons, SWG, DE Pentair model, 2 boosters variable speed model, heater master temp Pentair, Quartz finish Aegean Green, CoverStar Automated Pool Cover, Kreepy Krawley Platinum, TF100,SpeedStir My Build in Progress

11. Back To Top    #11

Blue quartz is an additive they put in the white plaster. It looks like blue particles mixed in the plaster and has a smooth finish as plaster. From a distance it gives it a blue look.
    Plano, TX

12. Back To Top    #12

Day 3 of work. Tree, bushes and bricks are completely gone and they are working the tree roots out.

Day 3
    Gambit the dog inspecting his yard.

Day 3
    Plano, TX

13. Back To Top    #13

WOW! What a difference that makes!

What are you going to do with the places the plants were? Does Gambit have any running, playing area? LOL

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

I am going to put plants in planters, so I can move them around. I also want to put a small table and chair set over there.

Right now, gambit only has that small side yard for fenced in space. But, we are moving the fence to enclose the entire yard and driveway. He will have a huge play area after we are done with that. Hopefully, in the next 3 weeks.
    Plano, TX

15. Back To Top    #15

Just think Gambit you are going to have a huge yard to play in AND a pool to swim in! LOL

What are you thinking of putting over the dirt that the planters will sit in? The small table awwwwwwwwww will be so nice to sit have drink your coffer or adult drink!

Kim

16. Back To Top    #16

Day 4 update: Here comes the tile and stone.

Day 4

Day 4

Day 4
    Plano, TX

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

This is fun! It's amazing how different everything looks with the new coping and tile. The house even looks newer.The tile is so pretty and looks great with the coping! More please!! Thanks for sharing.... Take care! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

18. Back To Top    #18

Great picks! It looks awesome!

Kim

19. Back To Top    #19

Day 5

Day 5

Day 5

Day 5
    Plano, TX

20. Back To Top    #20

Day 6: Coping and Tile completed

Day 6

Day 6

Day 6
    Plano, TX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast