Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: after ike

1. Back To Top    #1

after ike

We survived Ike and are on generator power. I have cleaned up most of the leaves in the pool and have some chlorine in at basic levels. We have no pumps but I do have a generator. Is there anybody in the Cypress, TX area 290\Cypress Rosehill who has a electric pool robot I can use or rent to clean my pool bottom? Of course my Polaris wont work without the pumps. Thanks. Please e-mail me at gregg@ggcoatings.com . Thanks
    25,000 gallon freeform inground gunite pool with 12" raised spa. 3.5'- 6.4' deep.
    2 skimmers, 6 returns and bubbler on sunshelf.
    Jandy 1.5 hp pump, Jandy valves, Jandy CL340 cart filter, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Polaris 280 w booster, Jandy LXI 4000 heater.
    White plaster, flagstone coping, custom tan tiles with decos on raised spa.
    Pentair lights.
    650 sq ft concrete deck.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: after ike

Hey, glad you survived. Due to my recent electrical fire, I have my pool pump running on a generator. You can put a cap on the cord to your pump and plug it is. (Provided its wired for 110) Unless your genny has a 220 output and your pump is wired 220. Mine runs fine on the genny and I can vacuum it normally.
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Our pool survived Ike but the roof did not. I was a little worried the pool was going to end up in my house. I'm not in the Texas area or I would loan you a cleaner. I spent the better part of the evening cleaning leaves myself. Good luck.
    Ballparkmom
    16 x 33 x 52" AG pool, Hayward Vari-flo pump & sand filter, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 1 return, Zodiac LM3 24,000 SWG, Pool Rover Jr., 2 kids & a million toys

4. Back To Top    #4

Electricity is not my strong point. The pumps are wired up to the main box at the house. Thanks GD we have a generator. Many in Houston/ Galveston are without. We lost some shingles but thats it. The pool is still clear and blue. I put the floater in and got as many leaves out as possible. Would love a robot. I guess we can count our blessings if my only problem is a dirty pool and no a/c. We are 50 miles from Galveston and go there often. That city is about wiped off the map.
    25,000 gallon freeform inground gunite pool with 12" raised spa. 3.5'- 6.4' deep.
    Jandy 1.5 hp pump, Jandy valves, Jandy CL340 cart filter, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Polaris 280 w booster, Jandy LXI 4000 heater.
    Pentair lights.
    650 sq ft concrete deck.

5. Back To Top    #5

got the pool bottom clean. Friend had a water hose operated vacuum that did a great job. Need to get one like that. He uses it for his spa. Put it on the pool pole, hook the water hose up and it creates a vacuum into a sand and silt type bag.
    Pentair lights.
    650 sq ft concrete deck.